𝔼ℙ𝕀𝕃𝕆𝔾𝕌𝔼...💗

Rudra

Yazhini has been pursuing her first year in Msc biotechnology. And so, now her husband has become invisible. I agree that a person does have to concentrate on their studies, but Yazhini is like...literally the definition of a bookworm. She wouldn't even perk up from her books once she's into it.

"Ahem" I cleared my throat for announcing my presence and sat at the edge of the bed. Yazhini has settled on the center of the bed with a pillow that carries her precious diamond, her book I mean.

Though there was a study table in our room, she prefers to study on the mattress. I don't know the reason. But most of the time, she dozes off there itself, with the book all over her body.

"Ennanga...pudinga(catch this)" ah and here we go. She is like a school kid, honestly. Every night, while she completes her studying session, she would want me to listen to her rambling about those portions she had covered.

I don't really find it difficult or irritating. However, Yazhini's behavior would want me to smack my head willingly against a stone. Because when she was uttering a sentence, If by chance, any one word gets changed, she would start from the beginning itself.

Sometimes she would finish off telling me a whole paragraph and would restart just cause she had missed a word!

Even the calmest person would get disgruntled with such a demeanor. I'm not an exception. At first, I used to get disturbed by it but now I'm perfectly used to it.

"Yeah begin" I murmured, capturing the book in my hand and eyeing the paragraph that she had marked with her pen. She initiated to convey in a good manner and at high speed, yet as time passed by, she stuttered in between and her voice became low. Finally, she quit saying and started to think about what she had forgotten.

"Ennanga...ah I remember the term now." She grinned and again began to blurt everything from the start of the paragraph.

By the time, she was done, I sighed a breath and dragged myself back to sit beside Yazhini. She caught the book from my hand and took another notebook from her side. Then she initiated to draw some cell structures.

"Mrs. Yazhini" she raised her eyebrows, her eyes fixed on the book and her hands shifting as she continued drawing.

Without indication, I snuggled my head to her neck, making her shriek in fear. "I'm...busy" she pulled my head back and placed a kiss on my cheek. Annoyed, I rolled my eyes at her and laid on the bed with a yawn. I was kind of sleepy though.

A few minutes later, I dozed off completely but woke up due to Yazhini's tight hold on my torso.

"Will Veer also be coming to the Pongal festival at the village tomorrow?"

(It is a celebration to thank the Sun, Mother Nature, and the various farm animals that help to contribute to a bountiful harvest. Celebrated over four days, Pongal also marks the beginning of the Tamil month called Thai, which is considered an auspicious month).

I turned to face her and put my hands on her waist, hugging her close to me.

"Actually, mom and dad invited him through Lakshmi. So now it's up to Veer whether he wants to attend it or not." I still feel anger whenever I revisit the things he had done. This is why I couldn't entirely accept him into our family again. But I have to look past his mistakes. He has evolved into a good person now.

"Lakshmi had been chasing a chance to get him harmonized with his parents so I think, even If he denies Lakshmi will pack him there" Yazhini giggled and I kissed her forehead with a smile.

"Sleep, we have to start to the village in the early morning," I said and she nodded her head before nuzzling her head to my chest and finding comfort.

Meanwhile,