Chapter 66

Edited

Aiden threw the keys on the table as he let himself fall on the chair. He came to his studio after he left the apartment earlier, wanting to be alone as well.

He leaned back, making the chair go lower as he threw his arm on over his eyes and groaned. It was their first fight, and Aiden hated everything about it. He didn't even know why he had become so angry in the first place.

He was so fucking worried about his lover and then, in a blink of an eye, he was as angry as he could be, although he had controlled it for the most part. He had heard a few times that he was scary when he became 'really' angry, and he didn't want to be that kind of person toward Edwin. He had to change. Edwin deserved so much better than the treatment he had given him.

Thinking about their argument, he found every turn it took wrong. He should have turned around, run to the door, and hugged the younger instead of this mess. Now his boyfriend even thought he was some douchebag who wanted him to obey whatever he said and even questioned his infatuation with him, asking if he was anything to him at all. Suddenly he was feeling exhausted, so he just switched his place to the comfortable chair at the corner of the studio, lay down, and fell asleep surprisingly fast.

DeleteCreated with Sketch.

Edwin stood there, processing everything. He couldn't believe that Aiden had really walked out of the door. He was really going to just get a drink from the coffee shop across the building, have some fresh air and come back, fight or talk about it until they'd solved everything. But then, he could use some alcohol in him at that moment, and maybe Aiden was right in assuming he would end up in a bar. Either way, he was now standing in the middle of the living room, alone.

Turning around, he saw their two phones on the ground. Aiden's phone was in one piece, but his own was broken into two, the battery nowhere to be found. He sighed as he started looking under the furniture for it. He should really buy a new one.

Finding it and standing up, his eyes went dark for a second because of the blood rush and he had to grab the closest thing not to fall down. Only that, it resulted in one of their photo frames falling down and its glass shattering. It was one of the photos Aiden had taken the day they had confessed to each other on the beach. Edwin suddenly missed the older to death. The desire to just run after him, hug him and never let go crawled under his skin. But he ignored it. They needed time apart to calm down and then talk things through when they weren't as tense.

He picked up every last piece of the shattered glass carefully from the ground, and then vacuumed the whole living room, not wanting the smaller pieces to go unseen. Aiden tended to walk barefoot sometimes, and that would be dangerous.

DeleteCreated with Sketch.

It was 3 AM when Aiden woke up due to some shuffling behind the door. Walking there and looking through the peephole, he saw the night guard. He ran his fingers through his hair to make it less messy before opening the door.

"Oh, hey Mr. Evans. I thought there was a thief in your studio." The guard said, looking taken aback.

"Nah, just me. Why are you surprised? I'm always here." He rubbed the back of his neck. He must have fallen asleep in an uncomfortable position.

"You haven't been at this place as much as you used to be lately. You haven't stayed overnight even once for like 6 months."

Aiden blinked at him in confusion at the realization that he, in fact, had been spending most of his time at the studio he had at home instead of his professional place.

'That's the kind of power Edwin holds.' He chuckled to himself.

"Thank you for being so careful. I really appreciate it. I'll be staying here tonight, so no worries." He patted the guard on the shoulder and smiled at him before saying goodbye.