Chapter 65

Edited 

My Aiden

'Where are you?'

Edwin rolled his eyes after seeing Aiden's message and placed his phone on the table next to him. He had come to the hospital to talk to Chad about the singer's condition and now was having a drink with the head doctor and Lucas.

"But when are you planning on making it official?" Lucas asked, taking a sip of his coffee.

"We are official!" Edwin replied, confused. He had told Lucas before about their relationship.

"I mean to the public. To his fans."

Edwin nodded in understanding. "I wanted to keep it a secret for as long as possible, but they saw us yesterday at the court and they have already recognized me in the photos I've taken with the guys." He sighed. "These fans are better than FBI at gathering info, I tell you that!"

Chad giggled. "You knew what you were signing up for from the start."

"Of course. The only reason I wanted to keep it to ourselves was to prevent something like this. Now that this has happened, I think it's only best we, as Lucas said, make it official. Aiden went to his label to discuss it with his managers and CEO." Both men nodded repeatedly.

"So, the case is closed now? Completely?" The nurse asked.

Edwin hummed. "The guy didn't really have a lawyer, so Hugo won the case pretty easily."

"How many years did they give him?"

"3. But he can come out if he behaves well. I low-key wanted them to give him more. That way Den would be safe for a bit longer."

"It's naive of you to think there's only one person with that kind of behavior out there, Edwin. You should know better." Chad said while placing his cup on the table carefully. "For now, let's focus on Aiden's condition. Hearing actual voices in one's head is somewhat serious, but you also said that it hasn't happened for many years until it came back recently. So it seems if he is busy or at ease, it doesn't happen. If he was here, we would try to trigger him under enough observation to know the exact details, but you're alone there, so let's just keep an eye open for the behavioral patterns."

"What makes me confused is that he's gone through the whole accident and Ian getting injured and then the breakup without hearing the voice. I just can't understand why he would be triggered by something as minor as this."

Chad shook his head. "You're wrong. It might appear minor to you, but for him, it must have been serious enough to make them come alive again. I think, and I'm talking only from what you told me, that he is severely traumatized."

"By what exactly? So many things have happened to him..." Edwin said as he leaned a bit closer, listening thoroughly.

"I think by the accident. He almost lost Ian. People are always stronger the first time something happens, but the times after that have them weak because they have experienced the pain and the horror. So when you got attacked, all the fear of losing a loved one and the guilt came back to him when he was the weakest. The second time he went through a similar episode, again, was because of trauma. A different kind, but he was at his lowest, so it got triggered easily."

"Makes enough sense." Edwin said as he kept biting on his bottom lip. He felt Lucas patting him on the shoulder from next to him.

"He's gonna be fine, Edwin. He has you. You're one of the best doctors I've worked with. Just do according to what Chad told you, and he'll be perfectly fine."

DeleteCreated with Sketch.

Aiden had gone to the company to discuss some matters concerning Edwin with both Luis and the ceo.