Chapter 25

Edited✔️

Edwin was having a very busy and rough day, dealing with a new patient who had a very severe case. Then Lili was acting strange again and he was worried as fuck and to top all that, he had kissed Aiden last night.

He still didn't know what got into him and what made him move closer and kiss the guy, something he had wanted to do for a while now, but he knew he had no idea how to confront Aiden again. He wasn't sure if he could look the other in the eye anymore. He felt like he had ruined their little friendship or whatever it was they had between them. Plus, he was really confused. Why did Aiden lean in, in the first place? Why did he say he wanted to kiss him? Was it all because he had 'gorgeous lips'? His head hurt from all the thoughts flowing around and he groaned, burying his head in his palms. Tonight was the last night of him staying there. He would take Vincent back to the hospital with him tomorrow morning, and that made him feel... bad? Cos he had fucking kissed the first person he kind of felt genuinely attracted to, and now it felt like it was going to be a mess. How would Aiden react tonight? He had no idea. He only knew despite everything, he really really wanted to kiss the guy again.

Asking Lili over and over again if anything was wrong, but getting no proper answer was making him insane. He knew something was up, but she just refused to talk. He had called Kurt to visit, and he came quickly, but even the man couldn't get anything out of his sister.

'Maybe I should ask Aiden to talk to her?' The thought crossed his mind, but he shook his head to get rid of it. There was no way he could ask such a thing from the man right now.

So that was what led to his current situation, sitting on the couch of Aiden's apartment, with a plate in his hand, not eating and just playing with the food while being deep in thought. He didn't even understand what Vincent was saying.

"Edwin."

"Edwin?!"

"Edwin!!!" Aiden had to call him three times in order for him to snap out of it.

"Hm? What? What is it?"

"What's wrong?" Aiden asked while chewing.

"Nothing." He sighed, playing with his food again.

"I know something's up, so spill. Come on." Aiden gestured with his hand.

"I told you, nothing."

Aiden looked at him for a moment before he put his plate down and took his out of his hand as well.

"Vin, would you mind if we go to the room for a short while?" Aiden asked kindly, and Vin shook his head, smiling and turning back to the TV. The older grabbed Edwin's wrist, making him stand up, and took him to the bedroom. He felt like a powerless kid when Aiden just led him to the bed, turned him around by the hold on his wrist, and pushed his shoulders down so he could sit on the edge of the bed and then sat next to him. He was still looking at the doctor and there was worry in his eyes.

"What's going on? Is it Lili?"

"Partly yes... She's..." Edwin sighed deeply. "She's being really weird again. Just like the last time. I'm worried sick."

"The last time?"

"She tried to kill herself once a long time ago and the behavioral pattern is the same again."

It shocked Aiden to hear that. He kind of knew it had happened in the past, but still wasn't sure. Well, now he was. The thought of Edwin having to deal with it broke his heart. The boy in front of him was a real mess right now. He seemed so sad and lost. He wanted to do something to make him feel better. Anything.