Chapter 31

edited

"What do you mean Ian is his ex?! Then why did you all ask Joe if he was really back?" A dumbfounded Edwin asked.

"He and Aiden had a major fight and he... well, he kinda went out of the country for a while to be away from it all." Finn answered him.

Edwin groaned. "And here I was feeling like shit for sleeping with him while his ex was back."

Finn chuckled and poked his cheek. "Hey! Cheer up! The problem right now is not the sex, but the feelings. From what I saw earlier, he's a complete mess. Go home for now. I'll tell you when he's doing better and then I think you two should have a talk."

It had been three days since Edwin last saw Aiden, and it was when he had rushed out of the apartment. Finn had told him he'd call when the singer was feeling better, but he still had no news whatsoever and he was starting to get worried. Without much hesitation, he called Brad.

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's me. Do you have any news on Aiden?"

"Ah... He's at home, but he told us to leave him be."

"Oh... I see... Well, how is Ian? Is he okay?"

"Yeah, he's up, and he's back to work. Nothing to worry about."

"But... why did he faint then?"

"He just overworked himself and his body is not in the best shape right now, so it just gave up for a bit."

"Good then."

"Edwin?"

"Yes?"

"Could you go check on Aiden? He won't let us in, but maybe he'll talk to you?"

Edwin was hesitant to answer. He didn't want to go where he wasn't welcome. However, he knew Aiden was sensitive when it came to his ex and right now he began to worry about his unhealthy habits, like drugs for example.

"I'm gonna leave right away."

After two times of entering the passcode and getting rejected, Edwin figured Aiden had changed it. Now he had only one more try, and he started thinking about what the new passcode could be. That was when he remembered Aiden's lock on his phone. He had told him the password once when he threw him his phone from afar without unlocking it. The password had been so stupidly easy and obvious that Edwin had wondered why the older even bothered with a lock in the first place.

'Because it's so obvious that no one ever tries it.'

Recalling that, he hesitantly entered four zeros and pressed ok, hoping the door would actually open, and it did. He sighed in relief and walked inside. The place was quiet, so quiet he thought Aiden must've been out. He quietly walked to the bedroom. Taking a quick glance and seeing no one, he came out and opened the door to the other room, the one Aiden called a studio.

There he was, the blond singer, with a face paler than ever, curled up in the comfortable chair in the corner of the room, hugging a bunny plushie. Edwin walked closer and saw the many bottles on the ground next to the chair. He turned the light on and Aiden immediately hid his face with the plushie, mumbling something and curling up some more. Edwin frowned and pressed his lips together. He didn't know the other's alcohol tolerance, but the amount of empty bottles would be enough to kill even the strongest ones. Turning off the light and crouching down, he slowly moved the plushie away from the other's face. He seemed to be asleep, but his face was so sad, so unlike the peaceful expression he had seen before. Shaking his shoulder gently and calling his name, he was met with a whimper again.