Chapter 1

WARNING:
Wattpad sometimes skips many chapters at once as you're scrolling while reading. Please keep an eye on the chapter numbers as you go~

Aiden couldn't stop shaking his leg as he sat there on the chair, waiting for the doctor to arrive. His entire body hurt and even though the clock on the wall made no sound, the constant movement of the second hand was driving him insane. As to what he was even doing there in a psychiatric hospital waiting to be checked in, well, apparently it was for his own good!

After a big fight with his family and the agency, they decided to send Aiden there for a while to, as they said and quote: "Get your shit together and get that personality fixed."

So there he was, in the head doctor's office, waiting for his majesty to come. Was it not a hospital for crazy people? Wouldn't making a patient wait for almost 20 minutes now push them to the edge and make them lose control? The mischievous part of him wanted to act like the crazy person he was supposed to be — due to the endless lectures people had given him — and start throwing things around to teach the oh so high and mighty doctor a lesson, never to make him wait for his ass this long again. But he decided it'd be better to behave for now. You'd never know what the other might have up his sleeve. Maybe he'd hold a grudge and start electrocuting him. After all, mental hospital doctors are pretty mental themselves! That's what he'd found out from the many movies with this plot he'd watched, anyway.

Aiden looked at his watch. 2 more minutes and it would be exactly 23 minutes of waiting for the unpunctual asshole.

He sprung from the chair, clammy hands sliding over his jeans pockets for the substance he knew he no longer had. His friends had ransacked his house hours before and threw all the drugs out while he was taken to the mother's for, wait for it, another lecture! Things escalated fast, and the father used the respect Aiden had for him as a pressure point to drag him to this hellhole.

He wasn't feeling well. In fact, the withdrawal symptoms were already showing, and he was getting quite irritated with his heart pumping so fast and loud in his ears.

"Calm down. He'll be here soon." His father said, tone meant to be gentle.

"I can't calm down! We've been waiting for 23 minutes. 24 now. Am I supposed to get better in this place? By someone who is this irresponsible and unprofessional?" Feeling frustrated as fuck, he started pacing around the office, arms wrapped around himself to maybe make it hurt a little less. Not that it helped at all.

He stopped when his eyes noticed a fallen book on the shelf. 'If only, by Lili Evans'. His last name being the same as the author's got him interested. He took the book and examined it. The cover was a mixture of colors that looked pretty dead, giving one myriad feelings. He opened a random page.

'As I was lying down on my bed looking at the ceiling, I felt fresh air hitting my skin. There are no windows in my room. But then again, I have gotten used to this without knowing the reason. The phone keeps vibrating as someone doesn't want to give up calling again and again and again. Should I just turn it off? Should I just turn myself off?'

The last sentence had been a thought living rent-free in his head for a long time now, so it pulled him in, away from reality. He would definitely drown if it wasn't for the unfamiliar voice breaking the silence.

"Sorry for being late, and thank you for waiting for me. Hi, my name is Chad. Chad kim." The guy said and shook the father's hand while smiling ridiculously widely.

He stretched his hand towards Aiden next, but he just walked past him and jumped on the couch.

"Well, it's not like we had any other choice but to wait! Now I'm angry. What's your solution, doc?" He said as he kept staring right into the asshole's eyes.