Chapter 17

Edited ✔️

(8 years ago)

"Yo Joe, you ready? Let's go, we're gonna be late!" Aiden yelled at a sleepy Joe.

"Why are we doing this again? I thought it was you and I against the world?!" His friend said in a sassy tone.

"Waoh calm your dimples! It's better to dance in a group with more members. Just like back then in our high school days. Besides, Ian says they're lovely and we're gonna love them." Aiden explained excitedly.

"Ian sounds like a 2-year-old and the one who should calm thy dimples is you, though you're sadly not blessed with them. Okay! Let's go and see if they can make us fall in love." Joe sighed and put on his shoes.

DeleteCreated with Sketch.

"What took you so long? I thought you changed your mind!" Ian said while shaking their hands energetically.

"Joe overslept. I didn't have the heart to wake him up. Same old, same old." Aiden replied, putting his hand on Joe's shoulder, leaning on him.

Ian nodded and gestured toward his friends. "Well, these two are my crew. This is Brad and this shorty is Finn."

The shorty, Finn, punched Ian's arm and stretched his hands towards the two. "Hi. Nice to meet you."

Brad did the same. After a small chat, they decided to see each other dance, so they each chose a song and the feast started.

"I can't believe your style is so similar to us!" Ian shouted, which made Joe flinch.

Aiden could only laugh at his friend's annoyed expression. "Yeah! I was surprised too. We can make one hell of a gang." He replied with a wide smile.

"Not just any gang, though. We would be the GUCCI gang." Ian gestured with his hands in the air like that one Spongebob meme with the rainbow.

Finally, Joe laughed. "So what? We're a crew now?"

"We could be. But there's something we need to talk about first." Brad spoke. "You see, we want to participate in the World Of Dance competition. So we're gonna have to practice a lot and then when we're ready, we have to drop everything and register."

"Hold up! World of dance, as in THE world of dance? Are you for real?!" Joe asked, shocked.

"Yeah."

Joe looked at Aiden, searching in his friend's eyes for whether he was buying any of this.

"We're gonna need a LOT of practice. That program is no joke." Aiden said.

"Wait, so you're already in for it?" Joe asked.

"Yeah! It'll be amazing. Think about all the stuff we'd experience." Aiden replied. "So you in or nah? You know I can't be apart from you. If you don't want this, then we won't join them."

Joe seemed in thought for a couple of minutes. "Fuck it, I'm in. Let's get it!"

They all put their hands together and with a string of loud shouts, everything started. All of them had other jobs except for Brad, whose job was actually being a dance teacher. At 10 PM everyone would gather there and they'd practice until 3-4 AM. Ian and Aiden were programmers. Joe was a music producer, and Finn worked as a chef assistant at a very popular restaurant. Sure, they would be tired as hell, but their passion for dancing was the strongest. They practiced every day for two years before they were finally ready. When the day for online auditions came, they recorded their best choreography and sent it to WOD. A week later, they received their invitation to the competition, and within another week, they had their tickets in their hands while taking a six-month leave from their jobs. 4 months later, they won the competition. Aiden should've felt happy wholeheartedly, but he didn't. He was happy that they had made it this far. That they had won. That they still had 2 months before they had to go back. But his heart wasn't at ease. He had fallen for his friend during the process, and it was not okay. Not when that very same friend fanboyed over a member of one of the girl group dancers. And not when he saw him kiss that girl on one of their nights out in a drunken state. Aiden was not okay, and he didn't know what to do about it.