Chapter 28

edited

Aiden couldn't stop thinking about Edwin's behavior for the past 2 days. He had left early when they woke up the next morning, leaving him a message to take Vincent back himself when he woke up.

And Aiden did. He took Vin to the hospital after asking him whether he had thought about going back to the business or not, but Vin said he hadn't made a decision yet. He then asked for Edwin, but they said neither Edwin nor Lili were at the hospital.

The first thing he did was to call the doctor. Dialing his number, he was met with 'the number you're dialing is out of reach.'

So he called Lili, but her phone was turned off. Being desperate, he dialed Kurt's number. A few rings and the older picked up.

"Thank god you answered. Is Lili with you?"

"Aiden?! Hmm... She was, but Eddie picked her up this morning."

"Oh... So they're okay."

There was silence for a few seconds where the older didn't make a sound, not even his breath.

"They're okay, right?"

"I don't know what to answer. Have they ever truly been okay?" Kurt's voice sounded dull, exhausted.

While he was searching for a reply in his head, the older talked again.

"Aiden, do you— uh, do you have feelings for Edwin?"

"What?! No! Of course not! Where did that even come from?!"

"Well, you spent most of your time in Lili's room and the rest with Edwin. Lili can't be it since you're gay, but Edwin—" There was a pause. "Even if it's not romantic, you do like him platonically. That much is for sure. I need you to take care of him. He's going to need someone."

Aiden was quiet for a couple of seconds. What did the guy even mean? "I adore the siblings, just like I adore Vincent. I just show my feelings without filter so I'm sorry if that has led to misunderstanding. And you don't need to ask me that. I will always help Edwin in however way I can."

"Thank you, Aiden. Call me if something was up."

DeleteCreated with Sketch.

Another 4 days passed with no sign of Edwin answering his calls or texting back. Deciding enough is enough, he called Lucas and asked when Edwin's shift would be over. Grabbing a jacket and calling a cab, cos he gave his car to Joe for the day, he left his house. He arrived just in time as the doctor walked out of the hospital and to his car.

"Edwin." He shouted loud enough to be heard.

Edwin's eyes widened upon seeing him, but that was the only reaction as the other just continued putting his stuff on the backseat.

"Why are you ignoring me?"

"I'm not ignoring you." Edwin closed the door and started walking to the other side of the car when Aiden grabbed his arm.

"Yes, you are. Even now you're running away."

Edwin sighed. "I'm not running away, Aiden. I'm having a terrible headache, so I can barely stand. I just wanna get home as fast as possible and crash on my bed."

"Okay then, give me the keys."

Edwin lifted an eyebrow at him. Aiden wasted no time in stealing the keys out of his hand, opening the passenger seat door, and forcing the doctor inside. He got in the car himself and fastened his belt.

"The address."

Edwin had his head on the window and just looked at him in question. He really looked out of it.