Chapter 52

edited

It was a certain date again. One that Aiden's fans along with their old MISMATCH SQUAD fans from WOD times had been celebrating and congratulating them by trending hashtags for the past few years.

It was their anniversary. Aiden and Ian's.

The only difference was that now they weren't together anymore. It all started when one of Aiden's biggest fanpages posted a photo of him and Ian with a certain caption and from there on, so many fans started posting their couple photos with similar captions. Soon, the hashtag #RememberWhenIanDen was trending. They even used 'IanDen' which was their couple nickname in the past.

Remember when Aiden posted that pic of him holding a ring box and we all lost our shit and thought they were gonna get married? I miss my parents :( #RememberWhenIanDen

Remember when we doubted if Aiden was really the top after that reality show?... #RememberWhenIanDen

Remember when they were so obsessed with each other's lips? Their eyes would never leave the other's lips no matter how many cameras were around :( #RememberWhenIanDen

Remember back in WOD times, Ian practically spanked Aiden on the stage on national TV? #RememberWhenIanDen

Remember the time they visited a kindergarten together and we all wanted to see them become parents? :( #RememberWhenIanDen

Remember that one Halloween they dressed up as vampires and Aiden bit Ian's neck on camera? #RememberWhenIanDen

Remember when Finn blessed us with IanDen's pic sleeping on top of each other? #RememberWhenIanDen

I miss my dads :( #RememberWhenIanDen

Remember when Ian grabbed Aiden'stiddie on the red carpet like it was no one's business? I'm still not over the fact that they broke up </3 I literally cried. I loved them together so much. I just wish they didn't separate :((( #RememberWhenIanDen

And thousands more.

The fans were just sobbing in remembrance of the couple they loved for years, and didn't think it would hurt anyone. But a certain blue-haired guy was somehow sad and somewhat jealous. Sad because he missed his boyfriend dearly, because he wondered when they could ever spend so much time and share so many memories together. And jealous because his fans seemed to really love the IanDen relationship. What if they wouldn't accept Edwin when they found out? And what would Aiden think if something like that was to happen?

It was the day Aiden was supposed to come back. He hadn't been active in the group chat Finn created. Not a single word. Edwin wanted to ask someone how he was doing, as they never talked about Aiden in the group chat when they were online. But he decided against it cos he didn't want to explain the reason why they weren't talking and he didn't want to be scolded by Finn and possibly Brad for how childish they were being. He knew it himself.

He was just scrolling down the feed, looking through the endless memories of the duo when his phone started ringing: 'Aiden'

"H-hello?" He answered hesitantly.

"Hey, Edwin. How are you?" The older's voice was worn out, and it seemed as if he was walking in the street. There was so much noise in the background.

"I'm... good."

"You really didn't call. Not even a single text!" It was obvious the man was sulking at the other end of the line.

Edwin chuckled to himself, imagining how it looked; his lips pouty and his eyebrows upward.

"I wanted to show you I can perfectly stand by my word."

"Hmmm... So... Have you made up your mind?"

"Do you really wanna talk about it over the phone?" There were a few seconds of silence.

"You're right. Let's talk about it later. I actually called about something else." He waited for the older to continue.

"Have you- um... Have you checked social media today? I didn't know about it or I would've called sooner. Luis just told me what was going on in there..."

"I did. They seem to love you two so much still, although you have broken up." He sounded bitter, although he hadn't intended on showing it.

"Eddie, they see it all from the outside. And from their point of view, it was all kisses and butterflies. That's why they're still not over it. You know I'm over him, right? Those posts mean nothing to me. Today has no meaning for me anymore. Okay?"

"Okay..." He whispered his reply.

"I miss you." The older said in a very quiet voice and Edwin almost didn't hear it.

"I miss you too." There was another set of silence. Edwin opened his mouth to talk, but Aiden was quicker.

"Aide-"

"I have to go now. Just wanted to make sure you're okay. Bye, bluewin."

"Bye."

He wanted to ask whether the other was going to come back today or not... He really missed him and hearing his voice just now didn't make it any easier.