Chapter 21

Edited✔️

(5 years ago)

"Hey! Denny! Wake up! Please wake up!"

"Five more minutes, Joe." He whined, hiding his face in the pillow.

"Why do you tell me to wake you up if you never actually get out of bed?" Joe hit him with a pillow hard.

"Ow! Evil dimples!" Aiden shouted in pretentious pain.

"Yeah yeah as if a pillow could hurt that mass of muscles. Get your ass out of bed. Ian and the guys are gonna be here soon."

Aiden rolled onto his back and stared at the ceiling. They'd been back for a month now and he still didn't know what to do with all the feelings he had. Should he confess? Should he keep it to himself? Was the other guy even gay? Or bisexual? Ugh, humans should have had a bracelet or something that said which sex they're interested in. That would solve a whole lot of problems.

The bell rang and Joe went to open the door, still nagging at how Aiden was still lying in bed. He wasn't to blame. It was Saturday, and he was allowed to be lazy. Like a broken doll. A lazy broken doll. Fucking great.

"Where is Aiden?" A voice asked.

"Muscles is curled up in his blankets like a sleepy bunny." Joe replied, pointing at his bedroom.

Aiden's eyes flew open, yelping in pain (real this time) when a body crashed on him. Apparently, Ian thought it was okay to jump on him with his full body weight.

"Ow ow ow Ian, please, it hurts. Get off me." He struggled to first get his hands out of the many layers of blanket before curling them around Ian, rolling him to the other side of the bed and off himself. This friend was laughing his ass off at his misery.

Aiden glared at him. "Are you laughing at my pain?"

"Isn't it obvious?!" He laughed some more. "By the way, congrats on your promotion!"

"What promotion?!"

Ian looked at him, confused. "The promotion you got at work yesterday?! You're the head of team 4 now?!"

Aiden blinked at him several times. This was new information to him. "I haven't heard of this, Ian. You must be wrong."

"No, I'm not! It was emailed to everyone at the company."

"Ha... I haven't checked my email since Thursday."

Ian stared at him. "Ha? That's all? Why are you NOT happy about this? Do you know how much more money we are talking about here?"

Aiden shifted in bed. "About that..." He then sat up, looking at Ian's face as he was still lying down.

"I'm quitting."

"WHAT?!"

Aiden jumped at how loud Ian had yelled. "What, shhhshhh!! You're gonna wake the entire neighborhood up!" he gestured at a yelling Ian to tone it down.

"I DON'T GIVE A FUCK! WHY WOULD YOU QUIT?"

"BECAUSE!... Because I'm really really bored and-"

"And what? So what are you gonna do?"

"I'll tell you if you don't interrupt me for two seconds! Calm down, Jesus! I really enjoyed the 4 months we performed on stage. The audience, their applause, it was all euphoric."

"So you're gonna continue the dance profession?"

Aiden shook his head. "No, I've already checked dancing. I'm gonna take a step forward."