Love is a game, a horrid game with no rules. You don't know if you're playing right, so you simply roll the dice and hope you land on the right numbers. Of course you don't know what numbers you are meant to achieve, one can just simply hope there's a result if they do something correct. Or maybe you were supposed to play cards all along and got it disastrously wrong. Who knows anyways.

Love is also something I couldn't explain if I wanted.

Love terrifies but entrances me beyond belief.

Love makes me ill, and yet I'll indefinitely hunger for more.

Love means you have to try for two people, you have to keep going for someone more than yourself.

Love means you'll always have someone in your corner.

Love means you always have someone to keep you in check.

Love is something I'll never be able to fathom even as I slip into oblivion.

Love is something I'll forever have in my veins even as they become corrupted.

I looked back up to Eret as I continued to laugh. "Eret! You know, I really can't fucking stand you right now!" I shouted and ran a hand through my hair, trying to stop the broken laughs itching their way out of my throat. They were far too close from turning into sobs. "Because I do love you!"

Love is Eret.

It took mere seconds for salty tears to begin to slip out of his eyes, traveling down his neck and intermingling with the blood present. He was silent as he cried, and I'd like to think it's some combination of happy and absolutely miserable tears. Ranboo was already looking away, pressing a sleeve to his eyes. It seems he was regretting his decisions.

Quackity began clapping, a slow mocking type of clap. "What a show! Really! Truly heartbreaking." 

His expression hardened and he looked to me. "Quackity, if killing the Grim Reaper means he'll stay safe; then I hope my life is an ample sacrifice to the Blood God."

Tubbo looked to my hand, the one holding my axe. "Drop it." He pointed at the netherite weapon, I complied. It hit the ground with a loud clank, now resting at my feet.

Quackity walked up to me now, dagger in hand. "Why don't we make this a permanent memory?" He said in a joyful tone, I continued to show no expression. I wouldn't give them the satisfaction besides the laughter that occurred minutes ago.

For a moment as a screaming pain ripped through my arm, a dagger carving into my skin, I let my mind wander. Let it sink into anywhere but here, distract myself from the pain. I kept a straight face as the weapon sliced into my skin, the men around me not looking too satisfied with my mediocre reaction.

I actually thought about what would be happening right now if Eret and I met in a different life, a different time even. Maybe even a different place. Maybe just a market, just a simple market; we could live like we are now but in that cottage. None of these wars or fights. I would have inevitably found Technoblade again, been able to give him my reasoning for being his successor, maybe I could have taken Eret with us to continue on our adventures. I could have even introduced him to Phil back in the Arctic. Just anything but this really. Reality was pretty shit right about now.

I was forcefully torn from revere by a dagger once again plunging into my arm, warm blood now slipping down my pale skin.

Yeah, fuck this.

Quackity finally removed the dagger, still no reaction had managed to slip onto my face. I eyed my arm to see whatever bloody creation now remained on it, the way he was cutting was purposeful.