❦Four❦

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Safety is something one craves, something one needs in a primal sense throughout their futile lives."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up the next morning panicked. My eyes scanned the environment frantically attempting to remember the room. And finally I remembered the night previously.

I'm in Erets house.

I'm safe.

I am with an ally.

I breathed and steadied my racing mind. Stopping myself from going into my glazed panic.

"Safe." I breathed the word I so desperately desired. A basic humanoid need. The need for safety, to be surrounded by trusted people's and environment.

I thought back on the word and realized it didn't sound all that scratchy.

"Torva Messor." I stated confidentially. I announced the name I had claimed and grown to identify with. Almost as a test to see if my voice could handle the power and rigor I usually spoke with.

It didn't hurt.

Maybe I could actually speak more. I smiled at the thought becoming more prepared for the days events. I could now speak, At least more than previous. Such a lovely thought, one I previously had taken for granted.

I sighed and climbed out of bed. Not particularly worrying what time it could be. I saw some sunlight through the curtains so I assumed it was a bearable time. There wasn't exactly a clock on the wall in this room.

My feet scuffled over to the door and it creaked open. I continued lightly walking to the bathroom. It was downstairs so it was practically on the other side of the cottage. I rubbed my eyes violently when I got to the bottom of the stairs. When I took my hands away from my eyes, which were now seeing spots, I saw Eret in the kitchen.

"Hello!" I sing songed out waving to the brunette. His eyebrows raised at my sudden healthy tone. Compared to the cracking from last night.

"Your voice sounds better." He pointed out raising his coffee mug just a bit to gesture to me.

His voice was normally exceptionally deep. Definitely deeper than the average male. But his morning voice was an entirely other frequency. It sent unwanted shivers down her spine and she paused whipping around her head to look at the man. He raised an eyebrow and tilted his head.

"Yes?" He questioned wondering what had caused the girl to stop directly in her tracks.

"Your voice." She blurted causing her to slap a hand over her own mouth, instantly regretting the words that left her throat.

She heard a deep hearty laugh come from the man which made her heart rate pick up speed. She just scuffled away and into the bathroom. Swiftly locking the door.

She looked in the mirror pressing her lips into a fine line, seeing a light pink, presumably from embarrassment of some form apparent on her face. She shook her head, attempting to free herself from the hold her emotions had. It wasn't often she felt, embarrassment, or much for that matter. Sociopathy was a bitch.

She began to grab a hairbrush gripping it firmly in her hand she went over her hair repeatedly. It was still a bit tangled from the months in the Arctic.

Through many tugs and gasps of pain she was satisfied with the now puffy hair atop her head. She enjoyed how she looked even if it wasn't the stereotypical facial features. Unlike most she had fairly intense dark circles under her eyes. She had grown to like them though.

Nevermind that, she just wanted to get ready for the day. And then she saw it. Her freshly patched up clothes hung from the towel rack. She almost squealed in excitement when she saw the fabric.