❦Eight❦

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Innocence and wonder is so easily shattered with one fell swoop, so why would you put your faith in someone like me?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The men continued chattering. Their voices filled my head and eventually I just groaned and walked away. They weren't even talking about anything of importance. I seriously don't understand how men of their immaturity could be intending to start a government. This would be futile on their part, it was honestly sad.

I aimlessly walked and enjoyed the soft crunch of leaves underneath my boots. It was my favorite part of this season. When the cold nipped just a bit and few leaves fell from the trees. It was still much hotter than the Arctic, so if anything it was still warm to me.

I was now at the edge of the clearing and sighed.

"What to do next." I mumbled to myself as if that would help my thought process. I kicked a rock into a nearby river I was just next to. The formation of this land was curious. A opening surrounded by trees, with a body of water off to the side.

"Fascinating." I once again mumbled to myself taking in the sights. Enjoying the use of my voice once again. It was almost self centered to say I enjoyed hearing myself speak.

The rock created ripples in the water that spread across the body. Showing how one simple action, or in this case rock could disrupt an entire dynamic. I enjoyed observing things like this. A ripple effect. I stuck the end of my scythe into the water and harshly jabbed it to the side. It created more ripples and waves I watched disperse across the water.

"Tory!" Erets voice called in my direction. I was snapped out of my childish actions and turned my head back. He was waving and running in my direction. I began walking in his direction and I would say we met in the middle, but he traveled far further than me because I put no effort besides walking.

"We finished talking so we can go home now. I think we have a bunch to talk about!" How the hell was everybody in this smp land so fucking cheery? His attitude and tone didn't match the mans voice. It's like if you had Tech talking about charity work or something.

I found over time that unbridled happiness never lasted long.

"I'm open to questions. I can't guarantee I'll answer anything though. I have my limits." Eret nodded at my response, I was appreciative that he didn't seem to push anything on me.

"Heres an idea, we can bounce questions off of eachother." Eret suggested this and I quickly nodded in agreement. I suppose I must perceive him as some enemy now because I'm planning on betraying him, but I couldn't bring myself to be too rude to the man.

We began walking in the direction of his cottage which was southeast. Another thing Tech made me memorize, directions. He was big on the whole cardinal directions thing. Right and left just didn't sit with him well apparently. It was funny how the smallest things could push his buttons. I recall that sometimes I would say right and left just to piss him off and see what he would do. Little things would anger him like that. I snickered at the memories and Eret looked at me breaking the comfortable silence.

"What is it?" He questioned the sudden laughter which was rare in me. Which honestly would be expected, I'd do the same in his shoes.

"I remembered something Tech used to do. Would you like to know?" I asked Eret without reluctance actually. I had figured that I might as well practice use of my now healed vocal cords.

"Definitely." He let out a small smile, he seemed quite curious when it came to me. I suppose once again that was expected.

"He forced me to learn cardinal directions you know, over right, left, forward, and backwards. It seems practical, but he mainly did it because the use of the simple terms frankly ticked him off. It's comical how someone with the title blood god gets pissy at the smallest things." I once again quietly let out a small laugh. I enjoyed recalling on memories like those. Living with your best friend is one thing I will always appreciate. Every day was an adventure. He is one of the few people that actually can make me feel something. Joy, sadness, anger, all of the simple things.