❦Seventy Four❦

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"No matter who I meet, no matter who I love, you'll always be my best friend."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had become a common occurrence in my life, to wake up with a gasp and in cold sweat. It usually happened around the same time, two or three am. At first it was an annoyance, to be awoken by a sudden blight of fear.

Over time the routine became a comfort.

A rock in my life that would never change.

Though tonight when it happened, I was weighed down by arms hugging my body close. The warmth and comfort helped calm me down enough to catch my breath again. The only downside of these seemingly night terrors was the fact that they were repetitive. Nobody particularly likes living through symbolic repeats of their life.

I tried to curl into Eret again, calm down, and hope I could somehow fall asleep again. I knew I was just fooling myself though, I can never fall asleep after these things without getting out of bed and catching a breather. Even so, I continued to kid myself, pressing my ear against his chest and hearing the steady heartbeat it contained. The fabric of his sweater against my palms was a nice grounding texture too.

I ripped myself from the warmth after maybe ten minutes, slowly moving his arms so I could slip out of the tight hold. It took more effort than I'd like to admit, which honestly just shows the miserable muscle deterioration my body had undergone in those few months in a coma. I must have lost at least twenty percent of my muscle mass, so doing the task as simple as rolling over Eret to leave bed became difficult in itself.

I kept convincing myself it wouldn't take too long to get back to where I was. It was proven that after losing muscle, it's fairly easy to get it back, it takes barely any time compared to building it up initially before losing it. Something called muscle memory, Tech had to tell me about it after I basically had a breakdown over losing my physical shape.

I just feel so helpless.

As I went down the ladder to the first floor, I had to grip onto the bars as tight as I could, my body was in no way used to doing things like this just yet. When my legs finally touched solid ground my body lurched for a moment, so I leaned against the wall to steady myself before making my way over to the kitchen. The cabin was practically pitch black this time of the night, all of the lanterns turned off and the only source of light being the dim fireplace helping keep the place warm.

So I was surprised to see that the kitchen and living room were illuminated. And sitting on the couch holding a book was none other than Technoblade. He looked up from the novel to send me a small smile. "You're still having those night terrors?" His voice was scratchy, showing he probably was sleeping not too long ago. That or he had been up all night and just hasn't used his voice for hours.

Either way I nodded. "Just grabbing water and planning to sit around until I get tired again. Adrenaline sucks at times like this." I sighed and walked past the couch to the kitchen, the nightmare still had my body hyper on adrenaline from the scare. It's why it took so long to knock myself out for the night again after waking up.

Reaching up to a cabinet, I opened the small door and grabbed a cup. Then I turned on the sink, so beginning to fill up the glass and forgetting to close the cabinet door. I didn't bother with it anyway after realizing.

I was taking small sips from the glass as I walked over to the couch, placing the now half empty cup on the coffee table. I sat down only for Tech to close his book and place it next to the cup. "Why are you up?" I asked the God, earning a small huff.

"Can I vent to you for a sec? Like when we were teens?" He laughed a bit, looking to me with eyes that were far too tired. He must really have issues sleeping lately.