❦One Hundred Eight❦

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"If I may enjoy you for the little time we have left, that would be more than enough to satiate the hunger I'm sure to die with."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Technoblade considers himself a resilient man.

He's survived more wars than he could count, and he's stood strong throughout sorrows that he knows would make others crumble to the unforgiving ground.

And yet the occasional instance has made him break and as aforementioned, crumble to that very ground. It had been a miserable sight to see each time his knees hit earth, making the God kneel even though time and time again he's stood strong in the face of death in all her glory. He didn't even kneel at his own execution after all, anvil above his head but a totem in his pocket.

This, this made him kneel.

He knelt before Philza and Torva, two people he would die for if he was able. Though, everyone knows the Goddess of Death wouldn't allow him to ever take his final breath anyways. It was the sentiment that mattered.

After Ranboo and Niki had left his birthday party, a pleasant surprise nonetheless, he found himself cracking under the weight of what Quackity laid upon his shoulders. He couldn't let himself slip with the two members of the Syndicate there, he had a reputation and a mighty strength to uphold. Technoblade knew what he was meant to be for those around him, he was meant to be a rock. They come running to him and he's always ready to accept them with open arms and a sword drawn to protect them with everything he has.

So Niki and Ranboo couldn't see him kneeling and explaining that for once, he's going to fold. Not exactly, but close enough.

"You're saying that you're willingly going into the prison, mate?!" Phil sounded exasperated, expression twisted into confusion and concern. The man looking down at him slowly putting a hand on his shoulder. "Nobody has come out of Pandora's box in one piece." Phil said, softly now as to now once again raise his voice in shock.

Technoblade had explained to Philza and Torva two things. One, he has a deal to uphold and while he wouldn't consider himself a particularly moral man, he does have his own ideals and laws he lives by. And he doesn't enjoy leaving loose ends untied. Two, the prison is an enigma and he knows for a fact if he can understand it; he can destroy it from the inside out. "It isn't dangerous, that's why I'm askin' you two to understand. I have the pearl stasis chamber in the Syndicate room, I can give Phil my will with direct instructions." He continued insisting, having been talking to his two best friends for the past half hour. Convincing them of his safety and that this plan must happen.

"So you know Quackity is lying, but you want to go to the prison anyway." Torva sighed out, actually having to sit down on the couch and process. "You know it's a trap and you are walking straight into that shit. It's a redstone contraption I can't understand, Tech. And I'd like to consider myself fairly intelligent with machine work if I try, Phil can't understand it fully either. Quackity wants to get you in there."

Technoblade tried to push down that feeling of adoration only Torva managed to ever stir in him. How her voice went soft at the ends of her words just for him, and how she's never one to become concerned for others and yet he swears he can hear a type of worry edge into her voice as she spoke. She was worried about him, his safety. What a foolish thing. "You know I won't die, I never die that's my whole thing." He tried to joke, yet neither laughed.

"You can still get seriously hurt." Phil countered, frowning down at the Blood God.

"That's why I have the stasis chamber as a precaution like I said, this isn't dangerous because I have the escape route ready to go. I'll give Phil my will as I leave, tellin' him when to activate it and get me outta' there." Technoblade was unrelenting, and finally Torva inhaled deeply before letting out a long sigh.