❦Sixteen❦

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You must know how to defend yourself in a world of only violence."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At some point Tubbo had begun shaking during Dream's threatening speech. Well, it was honestly more of a promise. I didn't really know if I was meant to console him. I mean obviously I hadn't been in this situation before. I had never had to be a traitor or fake an entire personality. Normally jobs were in and out, preform the hit, get the money, leave.

So what would I do in this situation to further my hold over L'manburg?

I decided I must comfort the child.

"Oh- uh- here." I opened my arms inviting the small brunette in for a hug. I had to get him to trust me.

He looked up at me and I saw him smile. Truly a ray of sunshine. I faked a smile in return.

He practically threw himself into my arms, and the air was momentarily knocked out of my lungs. Currently, my back was pressed against the wall of this stationary van. And I was sitting down somewhat listening to the men talking to Dream and his allies.

And now I had a terrified teenager, definitely too young to even be involved in this, in my arms. Honestly I hated contact like this with people I wasn't close to. It took Tech forever to get me to trust him enough, Phil even longer.

But I clenched my teeth and reluctantly moved my arms so I was hugging him back. I had to do what was needed to sell this act, and if that was unwanted hugging I could handle it.

His face was buried in my shoulder, and I felt him flinch as more screaming ensued. He smelled like a campfire, probably from hanging around one for so long with the other men of L'manburg.

Eventually a choking silence enveloped L'manburg. Loud and fairly violent steps stormed up to the van. Tubbo gripped on to me tighter in fear.

Knock knock knock

A key was inserted into the door and it was swung open. Wilbur was standing there with Eret to his side.

"Dream left. Everything is all good now." Wilbur reached a hand down for Tubbo to grab. I noticed how he acted like an older brother to the brunette.

Eret looked at me and I gave him a look of desperation. Making it clear I was uncomfortable with the hug.

Luckily Tubbo grabbed Wilbur's hand and stood up. Wilbur brought him out of the van and Eret entered. He sat down next to me and I leaned my head against his shoulder.

"Sorry you got all cramped up in here during that. Tubbo is pretty touchy." He sighed at the end of his words and I nodded. This outfit was making my movements feel restricted, so sitting down wasn't very comfortable.

"It's fine. I just- I don't really like hugs, or contact at all very much with people I don't trust." I explained my stance confessing why I had been so uncomfortable.

"I'm glad you trust me then." He smiled looking down at me. I grumbled in fake annoyance.

"Don't get ahead of yourself mister, last time I checked I haven't hugged you." I laughed a bit and looked up at him with a playful smile. He just shook his head with a laugh.

I saw him glance outside of the door. Night was approaching and everybody was heading home. We would have to build the bunker and plant the TNT now.

He leaned his head back against the wall. The soft noise of his head hitting the material evident. He was looking up at the ceiling probably zoned out. I could tell doing this hurt him. Setting traps for his friends, people he loved.