❦Ten❦

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"When lies are written about you with deeds you never have nor ever will commit, you know that somehow, you've made it."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My eyes began scanning the pages diligently. Not really reading just seeing the general amount of information. The words melded together into black lines. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a lounge chair in the library. I walked over and I sat down. The cushion inverted as I sat down, letting me know much time has been spent in this seat.

"Hopefully the stuff isn't too bad in there." His words were laced with empathy. His face was also tilted downward with a frown.

I began to see things immediately about murder, so I folded the corner of the page and sat up.

"It's too late to read this shit." I grumbled with a small laugh at the end of the sentence. It was dark out and my eyes were already growing heavy.

I sat up and placed the red covered book on the chair to read at a later time. Most likely being tomorrow. Eret nodded and quickly checked the clock on the wall.

"Oh shit it's like almost midnight." He mumbled mostly to himself after reading the clock. He watched the clock tick rhythmically. Sometimes when hearing something for so long you block it out. He hadn't realized that his clock makes a audible noise as it moves. At least he forgot it did.

"I suppose I'll check out then. I'll be in my room." I let a yawn out at the end of my sentence suddenly realizing how tired I actually was. My eyes even hurt a bit. I shook my head trying to jerk myself back awake momentarily.

Unlike Tech I couldn't pull all nighters. That man could go days without sleep and still act like a functioning human. Sometimes I would have to tell him to sleep as if he was a child.

"Yeah me too. I'll make some breakfast tomorrow again. Some tea as well for you." He smiled and I nodded. I didn't realize how much I missed drinking tea. I suppose you take things for granted until you're separated from them.

It was like lovely gifts as I slowly got them back.

Maybe this was part of Techs messed up journey for me.

That jerk pig.

I left the room first and noted a squeaky floorboard on the second step of the staircase.

It was only my second day here and I had already taken notice of certain noises. Where certain areas created creaks in the wood. How the doors made slightly different noises when opened. Some making a click and others a pop. And how Eret's steps were heavy and weighted as he walked.

My door personally made a very quiet noise. It was a small click. While the bathroom made more of a pop. I memorized these things mainly so I could identify where people were in the house.

I entered my room and locked the door swiftly earning yet another click.

I walked over to my small closet and grabbed clothes to sleep in. I noticed some more clothes than previous in my closet. I almost smiled. Eret must have snuck some clothes in here while I was in the bathroom that morning. There were now pajamas for me and what seemed to be a more casual outfit. My clothes were definitely more royal in a sense. So they did stick out.

To be fair it's not like a fox man, masked man, and the many other strange characters here didn't stand out as well. So almost in a sense I fit in.

I changed into the pajamas, quickly missing the weight of my cape. It was heavier and almost comforting in a sense. Feeling the constant pressure was a reminder it was there. I would be lying if I said I didn't have attachment to the fabric. Maybe it was the fact that my friends initials were embroidered in it, or maybe that the weight felt like a hug.