❦Fifty One❦

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Some days, I'll find that I don't daydream as much as before. And I can't help but wonder, is it because my life has already become what I've dreamed for?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My heart dropped to my stomach when I saw Tubbo look around, definitely for me. And when his eyes wandered to the edge of the forest I dove back behind the tree, hoping he didn't see me. Sure I could fight them, but I didn't have my armor on me, and I'm almost certain I just saw Quackity destroy the only enderchest in the area. "Shit shit shit shit shit." I cursed under my breath, the back of my head now laying against the tree.

"Are you okay Torva? Do you need some blue? I'm sure you can use some blue!" Ghostbur's overly optimistic tone was honestly the last thing I wanted right now.

"Ghostbur, I need to run for it okay? Just stay safe." I took a deep breath, and I winced when I heard the sound of metal hitting metal. They were definitely putting on armor, probably diamond and netherite.

He crossed his arms and pouted at me. "I don't want to be alone! Let me come with you? Pleaseeeee!" He was practically whining like a child, so I just reluctantly nodded.

"Only if you can run fast."

"Oh! I promise I can!"

I sighed and put my hood over my head, hoping the black would stick out less than the red. Normally my outfit was more suited for night, since most attacks occurred then, though sadly it was broad daylight at the moment.

"Ready?" I looked over to the faded ghost, and he frantically nodded with a dopey smile on his face. He had no idea what was even happening, no clue that not only did he save one of my lives, but also that an attempt on my life is still occurring.

I heard a muffled voice from the funeral location. "Where did she go?!" The voice was quiet due to the distance, but audible enough for my heart rate to pick up.

"Go." It was a hushed word so they couldn't hear, but Ghostbur's small giggle after I said it hopefully couldn't be heard by the trio of men.

I bolted for it, my body running faster than I could last recall it ever being able to. I guess it was damn lucky my legs were the demon skin tone, my speed picked up somewhat. Big strides were being taken, and I could faintly hear Ghostbur behind me. The only evidence I had the ghost was somewhat keeping up was the soft crunch of grass from his feet.

I listened for the men to yell that they saw me, to order each other to chase after me. But I never heard it, were they that inattentive? Even so, I kept sprinting, I found that my legs would somehow run faster than my body could keep up with. Resulting in a momentary stumble before I regained my balance and a 'Be careful please!' from Ghostbur.

There was only one time where we stopped on the way home, and that was because I was quickly running out of breath. So I momentarily stood still taking a few gulps of air, and waited a minute or two for Ghostbur to fully catch up. "Oh thank you for waiting! You run really fast you know." He was smiling, not out of breath in the slightest.

Ah right, ghosts, they don't need to breathe. I looked ahead, seeing the now familiar field of wildflowers. I was close to the cottage, I just needed to make sure I got there in time. I assume that they would be coming to the cottage if they are hellbent on killing me, it's common knowledge that's where I stay. I started running again, "Oh okay here we go again! This is really fun!" Ghostbur giggled now running once more with me, barely spending any time before he had already begun falling behind.

Unlike when I went to the funeral, I was in no way avoiding the flowers. They were being crushed under my feet, the delicate petals turning muddied colors as their petals were crushed. Stems cracking and breaking, pollen sticking to the underside of my boots, leaves crinkling and bending to unwilling shapes. I didn't care in the slightest. I left a path of destroyed life in my wake, my only goal far ahead.

❦𝐒𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐨𝐫𝐯𝐚 𝐌𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐨𝐫❦【 DreamSMP // Technoblade 】On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara