❦One Hundred Fourteen❦

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I am everything you have ever wanted to be, but I am far from finished in my journeys and paths. They are still untraveled and left unpaved by a mortals hand."

"I'm better than you have been and will ever be."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the first time in what felt like years, Technoblade woke up with a shout. His breathing was unsteady and rough, coming out in heaves and short gasps. Tia was startled awake in return, taking a moment to process what she just heard as she glanced to her left.

Arms were firmly wrapped around her waist, now tighter than before as the man behind her recovered from the air punched out of his gut. It was worrying, she realized as she looked at his expression. It was something akin to terror, eyes wide and tears staining his cheeks, and now feeling his hands gripping her skin she noticed how clammy they were.

"Tech?" Tia spoke, voice crackly and rough from sleep. It must have been four in the morning, maybe earlier. Either way her voice seemed to snap him out of his daze as he now desperately pulled her even closer than before. Face burying into her shoulder and one of his hands moving to rest over her heart.

She began hearing the man softly count under his breath. "One, two, three..." The God spoke, hushed. The counting restarting each time he hit eight. "Five, six, seven, eight, one..."

At first Tia was confused by the actions. They were all out of character. Until she realized the counting was in time with her pulse. Then there was a mutual understanding between the soulmates.

He was reminding himself she was alive and breathing, feeling her heart beat in her chest.

She didn't even have to ask the question of what he saw. She knew enough. But he answered anyways without her even verbalizing it. "Y'died." The words were slurred, he wasn't properly talking, but it got the point across.

Tia put her hands on his, a second reminder she was there. "Can't." She spoke back, feeling a soft kiss press to her shoulder where his face was resting.

"Doesn't stop the memories." Technoblade whispered, sorrowful. Voice still gruff from sleep and apparently the shout of waking.

It had been about two weeks since Technoblade returned from Pandora's vault. He had been downtrodden but slowly getting his typical pep back, retorts coming back in full and jokes lightening his moods. Especially with Tia hanging around, all smiles.

They both couldn't help but feel like this night terror could turn into some kind of setback.

Tia wouldn't let it become one.

She managed to turn around in Technoblade's arms despite the strong grip he had on her. Lifting her hands to cup his face and tilt his face up to glance at her, the dark room hindering neither of their vision.

Tia pressed a soft kiss to his lips, short but full of promise. She barely pulled away, just enough to where she could speak. "I'm right here, I'll always be here." She murmured, pressing her forehead to Technoblade's and earning a pleased huff in return.

"Sorry." He replied, but neither of them knew exactly what for. Maybe waking Tia up with the night terror. Maybe the months of confusion and lying.

Tia accepted the apology anyway. "It's alright." She whispered, closing her eyes and barely yawning. Moving so she could tuck her head under Technoblade's chin. Wrapping her arms around his torso and feeling his own grip on her loosen a bit. Shuffling so he could properly pull the covers back over them both.

"G'night." Technoblade slurred out. Still making sure he could feel the steady thump of her heart. One of his hands resting on the back of her neck, pulse drumming under his fingers.