❦Fifty Three❦

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I was betrayed by the world, so I simply rose above it."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You do realize the house would have been burnt down anyway if you didn't help, now you're all roped into this and now I'm all worried." Eret was rambling, mostly to himself as he wrapped my fingers in some bandage. He had applied some cactus to help with the burns, so my hands were feeling better at least.

"I just wanted to have some fun. You would have liked it, fire is always fun." He looked up to me in mild disapproval, I rolled my eyes in response.

He sighed, "I don't think I would have fun committing arson on the King of this SMP actually." He said it sarcastically and I just sneered.

"Oh don't fucking look at me like that, you're the one that's gonna be in trouble from 'having fun'." Eret was practically scolding me at this point, now sitting up having finished bandaging my hands and fingers. Luckily I wasn't burnt in too many places, just across my palms and the tips of a few of my fingers.

"Stop acting like you're my dad or something." I retorted standing up and brushing some soot off of my clothes. This make Eret taken aback.

"Ew, don't, don't jokingly call me your dad ever again." He started laughing a bit, having to muffle himself a few times.

"I hope you know I could make so many jokes right now, and I'm not going to because I'm a kind person." This just made Eret laugh harder, and I even snickered at my own joke.

"You know what, I'll make some tea and we can just relax for a bit. We can worry about the aftermath when it occurs." Eret suggested, and I immediately began nodding at the prospect.

I decided to head into the small library room Eret had in the cottage, I enjoyed grabbing a book or two from the shelves. Entertaining myself with something I may have not read before. Though I usually got caught up with mythology, probably a habit I picked up from Tech. That and Roman culture as a whole, usually finding myself re-reading the story of Pompeii. I especially liked the story of Cronus, a once feared god now nothing because he sought too much power. My obsession with the Romans even led to my learning of Latin. It's a dead language sure, I mean I can't actually speak it, but I can do rough translations.

When looking for my new name, we stumbled upon Cronus in libraries. It was said he wielded a Scythe, hence where my name came from. Cronus eventually turned into the stories of the Grim Reaper, which I decided to adopt the title of. Cronus was the god of time, a titan and someone to be feared, he ruled over the cosmos. Though over time he became power hungry, killing his father and eventually his own kids to avoid being overcome. Stealing their power because there was a prophecy one of his children would overthrow him. He was tricked by one of his own children, he attempted to eat Zeus but was fooled by Rhea. She instead fed him stones wrapped in a swaddle, making him throw up his children whom raged war against him.

He lost, and was banished to Tartarus.

I didn't realize I had picked up that exact mythological story until I was sitting in a chair reading it. "Reading that one again?" Eret hummed, placing a tea cup on the table next to the chair.

"Yeah, I guess I'm drawn to it. I did name myself after Cronus after all." I looked up to the brunet who frowned.

"Doesn't he literally get overcome? He doesn't exactly have a good ending."

"Most gods don't."

Knock

Knock

Knock

"Torva fucking open the door!" Dream's voice echoed into the cottage, the book I was holding dropping to the floor.