❦Fifty Eight❦

[TW: Slight NSFW]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The end of an era. An era that will forever be grieved."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ghostbur trailed along behind us, having to hold an umbrella above his head to avoid the rain. If I remember correctly I think he said Philza gave it to him, it was so he wouldn't melt. Apparently ghosts had a habit of becoming injured from water. They are such delicate things, and at the same time so wonderful to keep around.

There was a boat already prepared at the edge of the waters, I didn't know exactly where Dream was taking Tommy and I didn't have the heart to care. "You aren't coming with?" Tommy's hair was soaked, clothes clinging to his body from the rain. I was just watching as Dream loaded him into the boat.

"No Tommy, I'm not." I replied as Ghostbur climbed into the boat next, making sure he was sitting somewhere not completely soaked. Tommy looked cautiously to Dream whom I let walk past me to into the boat as well.

"Will you visit?" He was yelling at us all mere moments ago, insulting Dream and his friends. And yet the second he realized he was beat, he just turned into a kid again. That same Tommy I spent my nights with when I couldn't sleep in Pogtopia. I could almost feel some kind of sick and twisted nostalgia wash over my senses. 

"Maybe I will, I'll miss Ghostbur. Also, Dream is tolerable on occasion; so perhaps I'll want to train with the jerk." I elbowed Dream lightly and he scoffed, Ghostbur seemed to be ecstatic that I would want to visit him.

"Oh I do hope you visit! It's going to be a lovely vacation!" Ghostbur laughed and smiled widely, it being somewhat unnerving due to his transparency as a ghost. He adjusted his yellow sweater, stained in blue streaks, and looked back over to Tommy.

"When's my end of the deal Dream?" He was unwinding the rope keeping the boat to the shore, undoing the knot.

"Eret will be reinstalled as King as soon as possible. He'll receive the castle back and my protection once more." Dream began rowing off with a small wave, the rope now being inside the boat and no longer holding it to land. I just nodded and watched him float away, Ghostbur smiling and Tommy looking destroyed.

I looked up to the sky for a moment like Tommy had done before being shoved onto a boat. And I enjoyed the rain for just a few seconds, the way it cooled my skin where ever it hit; and how I could hear the soft pitter as it hit rocks scattered on the beach. I knew I was soaked, no chance I wasn't completely drenched.

I shivered feeling my now cold and damp clothes cling to my skin. I couldn't be more glad I wasn't on that boat, because now a freezing temperature was creeping into my bones from the rain.

It seems like even the Gods in the skies were crying.

The feeling of your clothes being soaked isn't too bad for maybe ten minutes, then it just gets annoying. Combined with the fact that I just helped exile a sixteen year old, I wasn't doing too hot to be honest. I just got done with this huge ordeal, and now I'm almost home absolutely exhausted.

I didn't bother knocking, it should only be around one in the afternoon or so. I stepped inside, making sure I didn't trek water too far into the cottage, Eret would never let me hear the end of it if I did. I remained on the doormat as I took off my shoes, and also immediately my socks because frankly; nobody wants to deal with wet socks.

I looked over at the living room and saw Eret, he waved at me with a cup of tea in his right palm; the fireplace going. I almost frowned because that meant he had to go chop the wood all by himself for the fire, I had offered to do so weeks ago but got caught up with this exile business. "You're all soaked." Eret laughed a bit and stood up, placing his tea on the table nearby the couch. He looked undeniably cozy, a gray shirt a big too big for him hanging over his frame exposing some of his collarbones, and some matching sweatpants. "Luckily I saw the rain and got a change of clothes out for you."