❦One Hundred Ten❦

[TW! Severe argument, anxiety attack, hyperventilating.]

[And yes, technically this entire book was a long slowburn buildup to this chapter and the last few that come after it.]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I am dead in the sense that my head won't form coherent thoughts as my body hits the floor, words refusing to be heard and screaming filling my few notions that remain.

I am alive in the sense that my pulse drums underneath now shaking fingers and poorly comforting hands as plethoras of questions leave frantic lips."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The contrast between the happy warm atmosphere of Eret's castle, and the cold chilly unforgiving weather and tension of the Arctic should have been considered a sin.

Going from one area to the other gave me more whiplash than I could ever begin to describe. My hair may have described it though, with how it was being blown every which way by the harsh winds I attempted to combat with no avail. You truly can't fight Mother Nature, even as a Goddess. I knew that much now. You feel so untouchable until apparently some chilly weather makes you feel like a vulnerable kid again.

Part of me wanted to stay wrapped up in the comfort of Eret's castle forever, caramel and tea with soft hugs and even softer blankets. Laughter and picnics, gossip and reading with a healthy dose of Michael to make it even more unbearably sweet.

It was nice in small amounts I must admit. But I think staying there for any longer than two months or so would be far too much. I wasn't built for it, I don't think I'd ever be. Staying in one place that long can quickly go from comforting to suffocating. While I know Eret and Foolish were built for that homey lifestyle if they wanted, we all knew it was a matter of time before I left back to the harsh climate I was accustomed to.

I needed a sword in my hands and the snow under my feet, freezing my skin and making me feel alive. I'm sure in a good amount of time I'd be ready for another sickly sweet picnic in a flower field, but for now? I needed to qualm Phil's worries, as I'm sure he'd have some, and I needed to practice with my scythe and axe until my palms started bleeding.

Maybe it would help me forget who these cabins partially belong to. And the fact that I couldn't seem to mentally handle that it had been two months. Two whole months. It felt like a part of me was locked up in those heinous obsidian and blackstone walls.

I didn't get to even put my foot on the first spruce wood step of our cabin's connected porch before Phil was stepping outside and grinning down at me from atop the deck. "Torva!" He shouted down happily, hand gripping the wooden railing to support himself as he ran down the stairs and wrapped me in a crushing hug. Black wings curling around us both to block out the unforgiving winds. The Angel practically cooing as he held me close.

"Phil?" I laughed out his name, confused but not entirely upset. I suppose I did worry him quite a bit. "C'mon, let's head inside a cabin." I tried to pull away from the hug to no avail. The God had me in a bone crushing grip.

"Little longer." Was all Phil mumbled out, pressing his face into my hair.

I don't think I was in any position to argue.

I may have a million things to scream at him about, and a million more to complain about on top of that. But for now, I think I'll enjoy a tight hug sheltering me from the snow. Nevertheless, it didn't take long for him to lead me inside of his cabin.

The Angel barely took a minute to sit me down and begin to prepare me some tea. I appreciated the warmth, the way he knew exactly how to brew it in a way I couldn't recreate. It seems both Tech and Phil were somehow skilled at something as simple as making a good cup of tea. I wasn't complaining though, I gladly accepted the cup he prepared for me after it was complete and he sat down happily with his own.