❦One Hundred Five❦

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Gambling is my forte, because if I'm not constantly putting my life and wellbeing on the line what am I even living for?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was pretending. I decided that's what I was doing. Tech and I were laying in his bed, I believe we had both woken up a bit ago now. Neither of us were speaking though, silently enjoying the warmth and the feeling of being wrapped up in each other. Even if I knew he was mainly doing this due to some twisted jealousy, the warmth and the tight hold put a pressure on me that made me feel safe.

I heard him quietly move, head ducking down so his lips were resting on the side of my throat. Though he didn't dare move his arms and legs. Our limbs tangled together and arms crushing around my torso in the best fucking way possible. He hurts me in ways that nobody has before, leaving me with more questions than answers constantly.

But I've been with him for half my life, I've gotten used to his touch half my life, I've fought by his side and known I wouldn't end up with a knife in my back half my life, and I've laid down my life for him time and time again knowing he's immortal. That's why I let out a quiet breath but not a single complaint when I felt him begin to place marks down the side of my neck. Each one covering a bruise placed by none other than Wilbur Soot. I should have seen this coming, and I wasn't shocked in the slightest.

So I just let him hold me tighter and leaned into the delicate touches. He wasn't being rough about it, he was being adoring and soft if anything. As if carefully crafting each bruise in a way that he deemed perfect on my skin. No traces of the brunet left behind in his mind. Biting love into scarred skin.

I heard him let out a soft huff, adjusting his hold on me to get a better angle without communication. I let him move me, his chest still pressed to my back. I felt the heavy breaths hit the side of my neck again, then warm lips cover the bitten skin over and over. I felt him soothe over any bites with his tongue, making sure no blood was left behind from the wounds.

A few moments later he sighed, "Turn 'round, wan' to get the other side." His voice was very quiet, terrified to break the moment.

"Hm?" I hummed in a questioning tone, as if asking him to explain himself. Of course I already knew why, but I kind of wanted to hear him say it. Maybe it was being teasing, but it was fun.

"Please." He whispered, pressing his face into my shoulder. Quietly holding me tighter, nuzzling against me.

I sighed, amused with his reaction and frankly possessiveness over the situation. Apparently wanting to replace every last mark the former president left me with one of his own. "Alright, I get it." I spoke just as quietly as he did. "I'm not Will's. But I'm technically not yours either."

He huffed again at that, letting me turn around anyway so my face was pressed to his chest. Pulling him into another hug as he leaned down again. "You said you were mine." He corrected. "After the banquet."

I held him a bit tighter at the mention of the banquet, feeling breath hit the side of my neck again. "I did." I confirmed quietly, hand trailing up his back to tangle in his hair. Slowly running my fingers through pink strands.

"Did you not mean it?" Tech questioned, one of his hands slipping under my shirt and now resting on my bare back. Rubbing in small circles.

"I did at the time. But I can't be someone's if I don't know them. And it seems you know more about me than I somehow know about myself." He fell silent at my words, just quietly and delicately beginning to cover every mark Wilbur left all over again. "How many more times is this going to have to happen before you just choke whatever this is out?"