❦Seventy One❦

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"To us it was a past life, and to the stars it was something to envy."

"To the Gods it's our future."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Humanity says there are five stages of grief.

The stages are said to be tools, designed to help us cope and understand loss.

Though, it is discussed and heavily said that not everyone will go through these stages at the same rate. Some people may not properly pass through them, a person may remain at stages for weeks at a time, others may skip stages all together. It is not stops on a linear timeline.

But, there is a set order that most will know.

Denial

"Yeah, Ranboo, she's still asleep. Two months and thirteen days actually." Eret smiled sadly at the teen, Phil watching with his arms crossed in the corner. The two men were still recovering from their argument, and Ranboo was able to see the clear anger resonating between them.

The teen had innocently came to the cabin with Ghostbur, feeling even more guilty than humanly possible and just wanting to see Torva again. Hoping for good news, but silently knowing he'd receive nothing of the sort.

Phil huffed and stepped forward. "She's in a coma, Eret." Phil narrowed his eyes at the Monarch, Eret looked away and didn't react to the words. Even with his face directed away from the two pairs of prying eyes, hurt was evident on his hidden features.

Instead he adjusted his crown, and looked to Ranboo with a smile that was all too fake. "But, it's alright, and she'll wake up soon."

"Eret!" Phil yelled, tattered wings splayed behind him. He looked so irritated but so insanely sympathetic. "This isn't healthy!" Phil looked desperate, and Ranboo didn't know what to do besides stand there.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Eret muttered, crossing his arms across his chest and not so much as daring to look the Angel in the eyes.

Ranboo realized all too slowly what the situation was, eyes widening and beginning to step out of the room. "She's in a coma Eret! Say it!" Phil walked around the bed so he was standing on the same side as Eret, reaching out a hand to place on his shoulder. The King flinched away and took a few steps back, creating more space between him and the older.

"She isn't-" Eret continued denying the claim, glancing at the woman just once.

"You're in some kind of Denial Eret!"

Anger

Tommy considers himself a slightly aggressive person. But only when people deserve it! Okay?!

Tommy still managed to find himself calming down, laughing even as seemingly a hundred dogs, puppies too began wagging their tails and climbing onto him. "Hi! Hello!" The blond laughed, sitting on the ground in the center of the creatures as Technoblade began stacking up food in various bowls. "You're so cute!" Tommy continued laughing, thoughts of the arguments from earlier and the fact he's in the country he's exiled from, slipping away. Tommy internally reminds himself to thank Technoblade for the invisibility potions once they leave the dogs once more.

Soon the dogs had left him, all that remained being various clumps of fur sticking to his clothes. He huffed as he saw them all eating, having abandoned him for food. Though he couldn't exactly blame them, Technoblade did set out many bowls of steak and rotten flesh, that was all probably pretty appetizing for a wolf. "Let's get goin' back." Technoblade had a hand extended to Tommy, and a smile on his face to go with it.