❦Ninety Nine❦

[TW! Mention of past injury]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It's not that I don't trust you with every last piece of me I can give, it's that I don't trust myself to put down the armor I've picked up to survive."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I could tell Technoblade wasn't exactly happy to be knocking on Eret's castle door. Though, he was never really happy to be around a castle let alone a monarch in general. Long decade old grudges interwoven with bursts of spite had solidified that into our daily lives.

The large doors almost immediately unlocked and opened, the king standing in the doorway grinning. Sunshine illuminating his figure, and sunspots visible on the gold of his crown. His hands were full of fabrics in addition to some other materials I couldn't exactly figure out. He was obviously working hard. "Ah- excuse the mess! I'm busy making my own outfit for the banquet and I had Puffy come to me already for help choosing a pattern-" Eret began stuttering, Tech and I following him inside the castle, amused. Tech closed the door behind us. "I think I've become someone to go to for outfit help for events like these-!" He laughed, exasperated, leading us into a large room deep in a hallway I hadn't gone down before. The door wide open.

Inside was a mess, red fabrics scattering the stone floors and various mannequins with half finished outfits on them. Tech and I had to step around various pieces of paper with sketched outfits of dresses and suits. "You're workin' hard." Tech said fondly, looking at the outfits. I'd almost say he was impressed.

"Ah-." I looked down at a fabric next to Eret, making a sound of surprise, he was putting down all the items he had been carrying onto the ground. The tables were all full. This seemed to be his sewing room.

He picked up the fabric I had looked at, curious. It was a red velvet, a very deep tone. "Velvet? This is typically for dresses. I assumed you would want a button up and slacks. Do you want me to convert the velvet into some kind of suit?" He seemed interested, and I could practically already hear the gears turning in Eret's head.

"It's an interestin' fabric for a suit though." Tech added, walking around the room and looking at red fabrics.

"I mean- I was thinking a dress." I said it casually, and I heard both men sputter in shock, Tech beginning to cough after choking on air. "What?"

"I-" Tech was bright red as he attempted to speak, staring at me while Eret looked bewildered on the floor, gripping the dark red velvet fabric. "You've just- never worn a dress before around me. I uh-"

"Me either." Eret added, blindly reaching for a piece of paper on the ground, a dress sketch on it. "Not that- not that a dress wouldn't look fabulous on you. I would adore to make you one-" He grinned, pink scattering his cheeks. "What style were you thinking? I'm intrigued."

I was always firm in how I acted and portrayed myself and abilities. I stood strong and refused to show many aspects of myself at all times. I was the Grim Reaper, and I was known for a cloak and a scythe.

Not dresses.

I blinked a few times, still processing their reactions. "Oh well, I uh-" I crouched down on the ground, running my hand over the velvet fabric. Tech was watching wordlessly. "I don't know what it's called, it's the kind that like..." I thought for a moment trying to picture it. "Not the puffy ones, the ones that like- are tight and have the cut on one of the legs?"

I was looking around at drawings, and heard Tech begin to cough again. "That's called a high-split dress, darling." Eret spoke as he looked to Technoblade, raising an eyebrow and smiling. "And I think you should leave."

"Heh- what? Nahhh, I mean- don't I still have to talk about my outfit? I think I should stay here." He began to make excuses, still looking at the red velvet fabric.