❦Twenty Seven❦

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I never feel weak, I'm not a weak person. And yet you make me feel like I'm going lightheaded, and like my knees are giving out under me."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Tech began to pull me close against him again, I realized that Eret must be wondering where I could be. That would be an issue.

"Tech, I have Eret waiting for me at home." My voice was slightly panicked, and I began to pull away from him. Though I immediately felt cold without his touch.

His familiar laugh filled my ears. He grabbed my hand.

"What did ya replace me already?" His voice was amused and almost challenging. I could tell he was clearly unbelieving.

I opened my eyes a bit wide. I snickered a bit and shook my head no very quickly.

"Of course not dummy!" I lightly punched his shoulder, and began to walk over to get my scythe. Though he just ran up to me before I could grab it.

He grabbed my arm which made me turn around to face him. He pulled me forward flush against his body. He leaned down to me and smiled.

"If he didn't replace me, then stay with me tonight. I haven't seen you in half a year, let him wait." He lightly kissed my temple leaving me stunned. I felt my whole body buzz in shock. He pulled away; once again leaving me cold.

I heard his laugh as he walked over to his mask. I lifted my shaking hand to my temple; and ran over the skin. I guess I wasn't used to that stuff anymore. I bent down and picked up the netherite weapon.

I threw it up in the air and caught the handle cleanly, I enjoyed having it in my hand.

"You keep the weapon I gave you eh?" He ruffled my hair and began walking into L'manburg. I scuffled up after him; following his trail.

Like we used to.

Me following him without a second thought. I trusted him with my life and he knew it.

"So what's your answer?" He turned his head back to see me. I paused to reach into my back pocket.

He heard paper rustle, and I pulled out a tan envelope. I shoved it into his hands, he knew my mannerisms. He could tell I was embarrassed of what was in it. He raised an eyebrow with a small laugh.

"Just read it stupid." I grumbled and crossed my arms. He found that I was staring off onto the ground.

"What is this some confession to me? I know you absolutely adore the Blood God but this is a bit much." He was obviously joking, and his tone was hilariously sarcastic. But it made me stutter anyways in shock.

"Of course not stupid! It's- it's everything I've been doing! And, well I suppose it's my answer too. Oh and don't go telling me it's idiotic or unprofessional or some shit!" I crossed my arms and pouted. He eyed the letter and ruffled my short hair once more.

"How about I read it when you get me to whatever Pogtopia is. My lil brothers need some help takin down a government. The human GPS needs to memorize the land." He elbowed me and shoved the letter into his pocket. I sighed and nodded and for once, he began following me.

I walked through L'mamburg and saw how he surveyed the land. Taking everything to memory, every last detail.

"I don't know exactly where it is, but I saw them run in this direction." I gestured to a forest before stepping inside.

"Wil said somethin bout a mountain." He began pushing branches aside for me as we walked, once again taking the position in front.

That's something I noticed when we always walked through forests. He purposely would walk in front of me so branches wouldn't hit me. I suppose that never changed.