❦Seventy Eight❦

[TW! Mention of sexual assault, alcohol, argument.]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"All I can ask is for forgiveness."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The walk home after a war is always different, never once has been the same.

I had figured out that Gods and Goddesses are drawn to war for one major reason; uncertainty. If you are immortal, soon the days blur together into a clump of unreadable moments. Everything can be seen as a variation of the same thing, every meal, every person, every vacation, nothing can give you adrenaline or intense emotion after centuries of the same experiences.

War is the exception.

Everything is uncertain in a war, emotions and adrenaline runs high leaving your nerves shot. War is always for different reasons, with different people of different levels of skill. Each time you have to bring your all, and each time you know there's a chance you can become heavily injured or even lose a life. There's a chance you could end someone else's life.

As a result, most Gods and Goddesses will have one thing in common, they have been in a War.

That or they turn to alcoholism and sex, but apparently that can do just as well depending on the immortal. Just ask Dionysus.

"I need to head to the castle, there's a lot I need to do after a war." Eret had met up with us after people cleared out to lick their wounds, he looked fairly beat up himself. "Jesus." He sounded breathless as he looked out on the crater, ash and dust still rising from the wound in the earth with gusts of wind. "You three fucked this place up, there isn't any coming back from this."

Phil laughed a bit, taking off his hat and holding it to his chest. "L'Manburg is dead."

I looked to Eret, my hands were shoved in my pockets. I nudged him and pointed to the center of the crater. "Remember the river that used to run through there?"

Eret smiled with a nod, "we used to skip rocks in it or swim with the rest of L'Manburg after training, before the first war." Eret hummed, looking around more, Technoblade and Philza watched curiously. "Or, right there."

He was pointing more to the left, next to where the caravan was. "The fires." I replied, smiling as memories slowly began leaking back.

Eret laughed, nodding his head again. "Wilbur would play guitar and sing the anthem for us all around that stupid fire, you'd play tag with Tommy and Tubbo. After we'd get to go back to our cottage, we'd both smell like campfire."

The memories were fond, more loved than I anticipated. I kind of forgot that even though I had ulterior motives, those were some of the best days of my life. "I taught you all how to shoot a bow right." I said it mostly to myself, brushing soaked hair out of my face. There had been a thunderstorm for a few minutes now, none of us bothered to find shelter. Just accepting that we'd be soaked to the bone. "And built those dumb looking walls, with the blackstone and yellow concrete."

I swear I could still see them, even with the land mutilated and the walls having been down for over a year now. "You guys really loved that place, huh?" Technoblade muttered, looking down to us both. He had kind of been silent until then.

Eret shrugged, "Even if we were both traitors, it's still kind of our L'Manburg. We both helped build it from the ground up, even if we ended up destroying it." The Monarch put a hand on my shoulder. "You know... I don't think we'd be dating right now if we didn't get involved in that first war."

It was still strange to admit, and it still gave me butterflies when he said that. Dating, girlfriend, those words still made me have to do a double take. "Remember when we went up onto the castle."