❦Three❦

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Many underestimate the power simple words hold over another."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was cuddled up on the floor again, this time in a soft sweater and sweatpants. It was nice being out of the other clothes, though I definitely missed the memories that came with them. Tech had them tailored for me so we could match, it was nice. Though Eret, he said he would fix them.

Eret.

I suppose that's my friend now if you could call us that. It wandered my mind, the thought on why he would be so kind. I had never really encountered this kindness before besides with maybe Tech's father. He was always patient with me. Though I think that's because his son took a liking to me in general. It wasn't secretive that the man favored his pink haired son over the others. I wasn't one to argue favoritism though so I never gave it much thought.

I scuffled my feet so my knees were pushed up against my chest, I wrapped my arms around them and placed my head on top of my knees.

"You like the fire don't you?"

Eret had been sitting on the couch nearby. I didn't pay him much mind, which honestly was quite rude because he was allowing me to stay at his home.

"Yes."

I started with a small word, seeing if it would hurt my throat. It didn't which was definitely an improvement, it seems the tea he made me helped. The empty glass cup was sitting next to me, it was given to me after I walked out of the bathroom in what I assume are his clothes.

"I can talk more." I suddenly cracked out hearing how my voice smoothed a bit.

It was a bit sore after a full sentence like that but it was improved. His eyes opened wide in anticipation. I gestured to him, hoping he would catch on that I could answer a question of his choosing. He cocked his head to the side not understanding the gesture. I sighed.

"Question." The simple word made him smile and nod his head, now understanding what I was gesturing to.

"Oh okay! Uh-" he stuttered out his words attempting to think of something. I was honestly shocked he hadn't put thought into this before, seeing how curious he was.

"Why where you in the Arctic like that?"
Of course he would ask a loaded question. A question that would definitely hurt to answer, badly. I had to think about how to use few words to answer it. He watched me deep in thought.

"There is a kingdom. I lived there." I found that I was able to use more words, my throat definitely regretted the repeated use though. It was like my vocal cords were being ripped and tugged on.

He nodded processing the words as he was feeding a needle and thread through my cloak. I have to give him credit where it's deserved, he was damn good at sewing. His hands and fingers moved rhythmically, he didn't really have to look at the fabric sometimes. You can tell when somebody is good at a craft because it's effortless to them. Like breathing.

"I have heard about a kingdom deep in the Arctic. It's really only rumored though. People say Technoblade, the blood god, lives out there. I suppose you are living proof."

I opened my eyes and nodded immediately. He raised an eyebrow at my excitement and his sewing halted.

"You know him?" He seemed shocked and almost scared at the possibility.

"Ally, friend." Was all I found myself capable of muttering. Oh I wish I could talk. I could go on for days about that man. The stupid stunts we would pull and how angry Phil would get.

"What?" Eret said this almost in a breath. It was so hard to hear I almost couldn't comprehend the singular word.

I just nodded with a smile and turned around to watch the flames again. I found them quite entertaining. Maybe I should have acknowledged the fact that Eret was in shock at the fact that I claimed Technoblade was my best friend. Though I could have honestly cared less. He can think what he wants, I couldn't give less of a shit. Maybe he will figure out I'm the Grim Reaper. It was unlikely though.