❦Twenty❦

[TW: Blood, character death.]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You hurt me and yet I'll stay by your side, hoping for a drop of affection you'll spare me.
I almost break free, and yet you always manage to drag me back in.
Your love is like a rose; because as the thorns bury in my palms, I overlook the blood and instead focus on the petals adorning the deadly stem.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I felt Eret flinch as the water rippled. The ripples now caused by the body within the waves.

The former silence was shattered into pieces with broken screams and cries. Normally someone can go decades and decades without losing all three lives. And yet here a teenage boy was, with two of his three gone. It was definitely something a person would cry over.

And yet I was smiling enjoying the chaos unfold. Knowing that since Tommy lost; L'manburg didn't have hope of becoming a country. The voices settled down to a mere whisper. I sighed and released Eret's hand. He brought his now empty palm to his lap, intertwining his own fingers together to stare at.

"Well King Eret, it seems your crown is finalized." I looked back at him as I stood up. He remained on the ground sitting, staring at his pale hands. I stretched and eyed below us.

At the moment L'manburg 'citizens' were staring at Tommy's body. Nobody bothered moving the boy. Knowing he would fade into ash soon anyway.

Red leaked from his body, tainting the water around him. His eyes wide staring at the sky, frozen in time.

Ever slowly the corpse turned into gray and smoke. Traveling away to where he last slept. Presumably L'manburg.

They talked amongst themselves, most likely what they would do now. They would be foolish if they tried to fight further. I jumped down from the hill we were sitting upon. And up to Dream with a polite wave.

He walked up to me closing the distance.

"Good job, even if you did miss the first couple shots." I teased him; causing him to cross his arms in annoyance. He scoffed and shook his head.

"Yeah yeah, I'd like to see you do better." He challenged, his voice laced with playful banter. I just laughed and patted his shoulder.

"Well thanks to you L'manburg is no more." I praised him and he nodded proudly.

"Did you find what you were searching for?"

He was referring to the idiotic question Tech had asked me. I had brought it up in conversation with Dream while we were healing. The question being why I wanted to be an anarchist, and why I wanted to work with him. Basically just in general why do I enjoy doing my job, or maybe hobby would be a better term, with him.

"Yeah. I suppose I did." After I said those words, I just knew he was smiling behind that mask. He was like the older brother I never got.

Well, I mean it's not like my older brother was much of a brother to me anyway.

"Thats great Tory you kn-" Dream was cut off by Tommy yelling his name.

That kid really doesn't know when to fucking quit. I'd say it to the dumb blonds face too.

"You really don't know when to fucking quit." And there I go speaking my mind. This kid was dust minutes ago, and yet here he is running back to the man who killed him.

"Dream we need to speak in private." Tommy had his hands in the air waving to get the mans attention. I groaned, absolutely done with this kid and his bullshit.

"Dream you can't be serious." I sighed pinching the bridge of my nose in annoyance. I mean how long would he humor this child?

"Sure Tommy, let's go talk." I threw my hands up and walked away in shock. I absolutely despised Tommy. I don't know why Dream is still humoring the kid.