❦Thirty Two❦

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"As the world burns around me I'll smile, thinking of what we could have been."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The fire rippled and licked the air. Niki was crying and screaming while Eret tried his best to calm the girl down.

In my opinion this just showed the beginning. The beginning of yet another war. I always did love a good challenge. I lightly licked my lips as I watched the flames dance. Maybe out of habit knowing how dry and hot the flames were.

But then I felt anger grow overriding my fascination. Both Niki and Eret looked just utterly upset. A mix of angry and distraught and well- everything. I may not feel empathy but damn in that moment did I feel anger. I did not mind the flag itself burning but- the fact that he made Niki and Eret upset? That just made me defensive.

I began walking up to the burning flag. I personally found the sight beautiful, I mean I have burned my fair share of flags. Though usually they weren't so complicated design wise.

"Come to watch!?" Fundy announced the words as if he was all important. Not some pawn in Schlatt's game.

"I've come to give you a warning." I smiled maybe a bit too sweetly. I signaled him down, and honestly who was he to not follow the Grim Reapers orders?

The flint and steel remained in his hand as he climbed down from the burning fabric. The voices screamed in the way I would assume they did for Tech when Schlatt hurt me. Fundy hurt Eret.

The fox hybrid was finally face to face with me. His stature was tall and lanky, made to run and hide. He was built like a coward.

"I assumed you would like it of all people." He said taking a small bow.

I looked back, I saw Niki and Eret watching me distraught. Their facial expressions twisted in utter sadness. Niki was sobbing while Eret did their best to help.

"Oh believe me, I absolutely adore some good arson don't get me wrong. The issue here is you're just a bastard." I said swinging my head around to see the orange haired man. His eyes opened in shock. A sickening smile painted my face.

I pushed him against the burning flag pole, the flames slowly traveling down the wood. The flames would only draw closer bringing the scorching heat he created.

"What are you doing?" His voice picked up volume at the end. Seemingly in a panic. Because when he looked up to see the steadily approaching flames; he gulped.

"You made Eret and Niki cry. You- you hurt them! You're just some traitorous, power hungry, pawn like bastard!" I had difficultly finding words to express the emotions I felt in that moment. His black jacket I was currently gripping in my hand was scrunched by my pale fist.

I felt scalding heat nearing us now. I didn't intend to kill him in this moment.

"You won't do anything about it! We are on the same side! No more L'manburg right? It's Manburg now, problem solved." He nervously laughed and I felt him squirm under my gaze.

I mean there was every opportunity in that situation for me to kill him. Now Eret and Niki were watching intently, all attention on me. Most likely wondering if I was going to kill their friend.

"Believe me Fundy, if you even lay a finger on Niki. If you allow Schlatt to even touch her or Eret. I will become your own personal hell." My face was near his as I growled the words. They were dripping in poison, and if a gaze could kill; Fundy in that moment would be dead.

I let go of his jacket just as the flames got close enough to singe his hair. Luckily he squirmed away just in time, scrambling away from the orange and red fire.