❦Thirty Five❦

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Dreams must always end, because it's in our nature to wake up."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Time seemed to slip by after that. Neither of us caring much of the pitch blackness now enveloping the world around us. We both knew we were far from friends in a sense, perhaps not even on good terms, just now there was a sense of protectiveness. More of a; I'll have your back if you have mine.

I also noticed how the young blond seemed to enjoy just physical touch. He would like leaning against my arm and clinging onto me. Most likely due to the harsh words spat by Wilbur and his lack of communication with Tubbo. So at some point he practically fell asleep leaned against me. I didn't mind, I just watched the stars reflect in the dark waters below.

"Torva?" I jumped at first to the sudden voice and my hand immediately shot down to my axe, still attached to my hip. But I soon recognized the source as Tech so I sighed.

"Be quiet. Toms is sleeping." I said pulling the boy back up, so his head was once again resting on my shoulder. When I jumped from the noise he slipped down.

"You two have to come back." Tech sat down next to me, choosing a spot to my right so he wouldn't disturb Tommy.

I shrugged with a half smile.

"Wilbur isn't really good for the kiddo right now." I explained looking back down at the waters. It's like the river had become sky.

"You're seeing Bad and you in their situation aren't ya?" Tech asked without much filter at all, he was always quite blunt.

I nodded with a sigh and I immediately saw a look of sympathy in my friends eyes. It was evident even with darkness shrouding everything around me.

"It's stupid. I know. But, I can't really help it. I just want Schlatt dead already. Do you think after we kill him we could find Phil? Maybe he'll know a job we three could do together, like before I left." I asked happily glancing at the pinkette.

"Anything for you. For you and Phil, I'll give the world. For you, the world Torva." He repeated, delicately brushing a hand through my hair.

That reminded me again that I really should trim my hair soon. It's going a tad past my shoulders now, so I really need to get it back to about a mid-neck length.

"Your hair is getting long." He said suddenly twirling my hair in his fingers. It's like we were always thinking the same thing.

"Mhm, I'm going to cut it soon I think." I replied leaning my head against Tommy, who was still snoring against me.

Techno hummed in acknowledgement before standing up.

"Just make sure you get home by sun-rise okay? Don't worry me too much." He said making me nod slightly in agreement. He began walking away throwing a final wave my way.

I decided I'd head home in about an hour. I looked up at the sky and my eyes settled on a specific star. I decided when it reached the middle of a tree ahead I'd head home. So I enjoyed the peace and quiet. The rhythm of Tommy's snores.

But eventually I decided I have to head home. Should I wake Tommy? Can I carry him? I decided I might as well try. I looped my right arm under his legs and using my left I gripped his back. I curled him forward in my arms and shakily stood up.

I was just quite shocked to find I was standing just fine. The weight wasn't too much and it really didn't bother me. I could carry the boy home I was certain.

But now came the challenge of finding home. Sure I can find it in the light, but it's currently pitch black. I could barely see anything, let alone find Pogtopia. Tech had no issues due to Piglin genes, easily being able to do things such as see in the dark was a perk of his.