❦Thirty Eight❦

[TW: Mention of Rape]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"To think I almost thought I could love you. I'm a fool.
You've made me a fool."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Immediately everybody began yelling various topics for Tubbo to talk about. It was honestly quite amusing if you forgot Wilbur is probably about to blow up the place.

Yet the seconds of yelling passed, and nothing happened.

I didn't dare let my guard down.

Tubbo took a deep breath and cleared his throat. Slowly the yells and laughs stopped. And he smiled.

"A wise man once told me, L'manburg was like a lettuce."

Tubbo's speech was immediately what I expected and I had to stop myself from smiling. I genuinely couldn't tell if this was improv or not.

"There's so many layers of tasty and healthy goodness, that once you pull all of the caterpillars and worms off the surface, it's a pretty goddamn good meal!"

People began clapping and various 'yeah!''s erupted from the people around me. And Schlatt, he was supporting the brunette seemingly.

Tubbo was really just up there having fun, and I had to respect that. He was just a kid after all.

He took a breath and continued. "Schlatt has successfully washed the insects off our great nation, and with that he has allowed the goodness and tastiness to shine through." Tubbo smiled but I saw a glint of sadness peak through his eyes. And the smile showed so much teeth it looked pained and fake.

He had no loyalty to Schlatt did he?

"I'd like you all to look around, at what we've built today." Tubbo then gestured around to the decorations and games. It did seem he worked hard on this festival.

"Look at each other." He continued and everybody began looking side to side. But I was once again listening for the hiss of the TNT, it never came.

"All of this! Thank the democracy, and the leadership, of JSchlatt!" Tubbo looked to the horned man who was smiling deviously.

"Amen!" Quackity yelled with a laugh earning more claps from the crowd. I lightly clapped, it was like Tubbo was putting on a show.

That's what Schlatt wanted right? A fake artificial show. To act like everything was okay.

"Our people have been beaten down by rulers and dictators for too long! Now we are finally free, free to elect who we want, free to live how we want, and most importantly! Free to go wherever we want without the confine of those huge black walls!"

I know that one stung. Because when I looked up at that roof, I saw Wilbur was back with Tommy. Tommy had a hand over his mouth and Wilbur was gritting his teeth.

Tubbo made that one a tad too personal, but it had to be believable I suppose.

"So with that in mind.... I'd like to thank everyone for coming to this wonderful event!"

The words faded out and I heard Tubbo make a noise of fear. Because Schlatt was now laughing. But not one of those drunken laughs. His eyes were closed in enjoyment and a smirk was on his face. His shoulders bounced as the small laughs erupted from him.

Tubbo now looked scared, no terrified. "What- what's wrong Schlatt?" His voice trembled lightly.

I looked to Techno and I already found him looking to me concerned.