❦One Hundred Six❦

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"If my life is going to fall apart and crumble, slip through my fingers like fine sand, it's going to be on my own terms."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quackity and I were at a loss for words, looking hopelessly at the innocent man before us; what could we even say? A man previously littered with panic now stood with a beaming grin and unknowing expression. It seems words uttered by a pure heart always cut deeper than expected.

"What?" Is all I managed to utter, and Quackity honestly didn't seem to be fairing any better than I was. Hell- I couldn't even blame him. What did any of the words Slime just uttered mean? I couldn't say. Slowly things were piecing together as the silence settled, and I didn't like the picture they were painting.

They just further confirmed some secret about me were locked behind closed doors, and it seems only Technoblade and Philza had the key. Phil clearly wants me to know, but I think Technoblade wasn't letting him voice a word of explanation.

I forced myself to speak again. "What do you mean by that?" I asked the Slime, and he just stared at me blankly with that now unwavering smile once again. "Slime?" I spoke his name, or whatever name Quackity had given him.

"Everywhere and everytime!" He said cheerily, hands clasped together. Though he momentarily reached up and pushed up the square glasses on his nose, I don't even think he needed glasses. I wonder where he got them. "I've seen you everywhere, everytime! Or- or-" He stuttered, panicked. "I mean- I haven't seen you of course! I'm a human! Human made out of flesh and bones! So much flesh and bones! I'm a mortal human with so many organs and bones!" He corrected himself violently, as if not knowing he just raised more questions than answers.

But I don't think he'd give me a proper answer, he's something. That's for sure. "Thank you, Slime. Why don't you go mess around with those fun games you like?" Quackity spoke kindly to the Slime, taking two diamonds out of his pocket and lightly grasping Slime's hand. Placing the blue stones in a green palm. "Leave Torva and I to talk."

Slime happily nodded, squeezing his hand around the diamonds. A small pep in his step as he joyfully made his way to the staircase. I could see the diamonds go into his palm from how tight he was holding them, traveling through his slime formed body. "Thank you Quackity from Las Nevadas!" Slime called out, making his way down the stairs. "See you later Tia Anteros from everywhere and everytime!"

We were both still dumbfounded as we watched him leave. The moment he was supposedly out of earshot Quackity looked to me. "What the fuck was that?" He asked, voice a bit harsh despite us both knowing I didn't do anything to cause the reaction.

I shrugged in an exaggerated manner, "Quackity, I guarantee I do not know any more about whatever the hell just happened than you do." And even more so, I was being completely truthful in my statement. I mean sure- I almost was certain that there were people who knew what Slime meant, particularly a certain few Gods, but I didn't.

The gambler gritted his teeth, I saw gold flash from his mouth as a result. Damaged teeth replaced with valuable metals. "He was talking about you like you were some kind of immortal, what's going on? Have you lived for thousands of years or something?" Quackity spat out the words, and I watched him lift and hand up and fix his hair. Body language wracked with stress.

"I'm not some multi-million year old immortal or something, Quackity." I replied, and technically I wasn't lying that time either. I didn't want to lie to Quackity's face if I didn't have to. It seems he had gained a knack for reading body language probably due to gambling. More likely than not I could trick him anyway, but I didn't want to take the chance. "At least to my knowledge I'm basically twenty four."