❦Forty❦

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Let me pretend I'm okay in your arms, for just a moment shield me from the shadows."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I woke up I was surrounded in plush covers. They felt like velvet and everything was warm. For a moment I was confused, I was so used to the cold and dampness present in Pogtopia. Not warm and soft like the room I was in now.

I opened my eyes and looked around. I was wrapped up in soft covers, laying in a lovely canopy bed. The window was open letting fresh air in, allowing the curtains to flow and sway. And next to me the covers were open, evident that someone was sleeping in here with me.

I felt cold without Eret at the moment, even with the warmth, I just wanted him here. I saw how the bedroom door was open. Why did he leave me alone in bed?

I swung my legs over the edge of the bed and immediately felt parched. I suppose it's a side effect of crying so much, dehydration.

I saw clothes laid out on the edge of the bed for me. He must have made clothes for me over the time I was gone. He liked sewing in his free time.

I felt the fabric and immediately loved it. I couldn't explain how soft it managed to be. It was a lovely shirt. Though I didn't usually wear colors like this. It was a dark burnt like yellow button up shirt. The sleeves were cuffed and the buttons black sun shapes. The bottoms were black dress pants, also unimaginably soft.

For a moment I forgot he was gone, appreciating the craftsmanship. When was the last time I even wore yellow? Had I ever worn yellow?

I brought the clothes into the restroom. It would be rude to not wear them.

After I changed into the soft clothes, I stared at myself. I looked like me still but, I somehow had a different vibe to me. The burnt warm tone of the yellow complimented my hair, and the blacks complimented my grayer eyes and now void stained fingers.

I brushed out my hair and slipped on some socks. The stone floor of the castle was always cold, so socks were a must have.

I smiled at my appearance and walked out of the bathroom. I suppose I'd find Eret now. It shouldn't be much of a issue, since he tends to leave doors open as he walks around the castle. So you could just follow the open doors to the room he happened to be in.

It was like following a crumb trail. I eyed open door after door, until I heard soft snores. I hummed in confusion following the noise. Unsurprisingly the source was the brunet. Their eyes were closed and head laying on a desk in the library. Crown fallen off of their head, laying on its side on the wooden table.

I walked up and found they were surrounded by books. I immediately saw one thing in common, they were all about demons. I smiled fondly at the male, he had researched for me until he quite literally passed out.

Had he put me to sleep only to work for me afterward?

I eyed the chapter in a book he left off on. And a image caught my eye inked into the book. A diagram of a demon.

Their skin was blank, with black marks spreading up their hands and neck. Arrows pointing at black splotches and fangs. Young horns sprouting from their head. The arrows pointing with proper medical names for each.

I observed the writing in the chapter, and found it was in demon-speak.

Tanar'i acha emotional'ahm driv'ahm creatures, ai matur'ach ohv ov comes similar'ahm. Though for voh shunned hybrid it comes different'ahm. While voh average tanar acha born lash'ov dark, voided, ai peculiar skin. A half o ev'ahm ulathoscendant lash'ov tanar may sek out pale. As a wrothsult ov may assume they acha just as human as any oth'ahr. Poz not acha miskathtak'ahm. They acha still a vo'gust'ach beast like any oth'ahr abyssal monst'ahr. As their vo'hahsh ai bloodlust grows like voh lizard they acha, their true colors ichai shine. If they keep sa vo'hahsh roz control, ai attempt thok acha like us humans, it's like voh gods grant us mercy, because their monstrous genes show. It's like voh gods wish thok show us humans who voh rats among us acha. Beware humans lash'ov these voided marks, it's voh sign lash'ov bloodthirsty monstrosity soon thok sek.