❦Five❦

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Old enemies or new friends?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The woman's eyes bore into the black dots painted on the white porcelain. The three other men watched the duo seemingly have a stare off, if that was even possible when one was wearing a mask. It's like sparks were crackling in the middle of the duo, almost a challenge for power ensued.

She took a step forward so now they were inches apart. The girls brows were furrowing, Dreams were as well but that wasn't visible to the group. Neither could be seen breathing, as if they were nervous for the outcome.

A minute ticked by, the tension could be cut with a knife, the silence somehow deafening.

It's as if something was being challenged, and yet nobody watching the situation could figure it out.

Eventually as if they were somehow communicating they both stuck their hands out. Dream stuck his right hand out and Tory stuck her own right out. An audible sigh from both of them could be heard as they shook each other's hands.

"Looks like I have competition." A hearty laugh could be heard from the man, she smirked seemingly amused. The others simply watched in confusion as her expression lightened and his shoulders relaxed.

She just nodded, not wanting to use her voice all that much. She had already talked too much for her liking today.

"She can't talk all that much. She recently came out of the tundra from a couple month long journey. Her voice isn't exactly, healed yet." Eret butted into the moment between the two adults. Dream nodded letting go of her hand. He had noticed the TB embroidery in her cloak, he wasn't idiotic.

He was aware of who she was.

And she knew it.

Even if words weren't exchanged, people of their caliber were able to communicate through body language. When you are trained in battle from a young age, when you are seen as a monster, you know how to read people. How they view you. What makes them tick.

So of course he was immediately able to read her, it's what he was good at.

On the other hand she had trouble reading him. His hoodie and his mask covered up his stance and facial expressions. Scars he might have, his story. It was unreadable. And she despised it. And he fucking knew it, it was like he was patronizing her. But soon she was able to pick up on his energy, it was like hers and Techs, and she respected that. And respect runs deep.

"You are quite patronizing." She stated plainly fixing her posture. She said what was on her mind, she wasn't one to hide her opinions.

The man with a bandana and the brunette seemed angered by this statement. This confirmed her thoughts of them being some sort of guards. Maybe friends even. But she saw the two men relax after Dream let out a wheeze, she raised her eyebrow at the noise, and then her lips curled into a soft smile. It was amusing to her.

"You would be one to say that Torva." He said this in-between bursts of wheezing and laughs. She let out a soft laugh herself. The three men walking all made confused eye contact. Honestly this situation became more strange for them by the second.

"The mask. Doesn't exactly help." She muttered followed by a crackling airy cough. She really had to stop talking.

"Stop talking idiot." Eret scoffed crossing his arms. He knew she would just mess up her voice further if she continued.

"That's the point. So smart people like you can't read me." Dream found her amusing. Similar to him. Their energies were almost at a stand still, and Dream hadn't experienced that besides once before. With the man who embroidered his initials on her cloak. It was a suffocating type of still energy between them as a result, almost calming.