❦Sixty One❦

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The 'All or None' response is a law that states that the strength of a reaction in the nerve and muscle cells is not dependent upon the strength of the stimulus."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we finally reached the castle once more it was insanely dark out, so dark in-fact I had to help guide Skeppy along the way using night vision. It has to be past midnight now, no way it isn't. Times like these are when my demon traits are extremely helpful.

I opened the doors, striped carnation still in hand. Skeppy said he would help me put it in a vase. I had never picked flowers before, let alone keep them. It felt like I was a kid being taught things all over again, I guess I had never learned simple life activities.

Eret and Bad were on the couch in the living room, I saw them as we wordlessly passed to the kitchen. The duo stood up and immediately ran over to Skeppy and I. I could feel my heart rate pick up, a sudden fear of confrontation surfacing.

"Eret, do you have a vase?" Skeppy completely ignored the conversation that needed to be had, causing a look of confusion to wash over the brunet.

"What?" Eret said, probably convinced he heard wrong.

"I said, do you have a vase? I told Torva I'd put this carnation in a vase for her." Skeppy looked up at the much taller man, Eret just slowly nodding and opening a cabinet under the sink. There were items under there that we didn't quite know where to put anywhere else; apparently a flower vase was in that category.

Skeppy gratefully took the glass object, careful not to drop it as he handed it to me. I filled it with some water, placing the flower inside. "And now it should last a bit longer since it's in water." Skeppy smiled and watched as I placed the vase in the center of the kitchen island.

My movements were kind of shaken, I still had so much to think about even after all those hours. So many foundations I placed myself on had fallen apart, it was difficult to sort through. "Geppy what's going on?" Bad spoke up, my anxiety towards the situation immediately spiking.

"Nothing. We talked, we sorted it out, and she's still working through it all." Skeppy looked up to his friend, who just stared back in silence; it's like they were somehow communicating without words. It was kind of offsetting if I'm being honest.

"Muffin, are you okay?" Bad looked over to me and I just shrugged. "Well, our house is open if this happens again. Better than you running off." Bad patted my head lightly, making me immediately fix my hair after he did so.

Skeppy looked over to Eret, his expression was unplaceable; and the glasses covering his eyes didn't help with that much. "Eret, can Bad and I talk to you in private? There's something I want to discuss with you." Eret nodded and looked over to me cautiously, I froze up under the gaze.

"I'll bring him back in maybe ten minutes or so." Skeppy smiled to me and I just nodded, walking over to the living room. The book I closed still laying on the coffee table.

I opened it, remembering how I didn't save my page. I flipped through in attempt to find where I left off, adrenaline slowly waning.

I didn't really feel regret, most of my decisions are always well thought through before being acted on; no room for mistake. My actions planned out and played like a game, maybe like chess or cards.

But letting myself lose control like that? That overactive response to, whatever the hell I was feeling, that was not planned. And was most definitely regretted.

I started thinking of things I could have done differently, maybe if I instead locked myself in my room for a hour or two, or perhaps just sat there and allowed myself to feel some kind of overarching pain.