❦Forty Eight❦

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Maybe one day I can heal, but until I'm ready I'll keep salting the wound."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Reaper was gripping onto her own knees hunched over catching her breath. The woman's axe in her right hand which was already insanely sore. She could feel sweat stuck uncomfortably to her body, and hair sticking to her forehead including the back of her neck. She looked up to the sky and saw how far the sun had went, she had been up since maybe five am? She couldn't help but wonder what time it even was now.

The woman had been training relentlessly for days since she returned to that cottage. Eret constantly telling her it wasn't healthy, that she was just using it as a coping mechanism. Though the young Reaper insisted it was just to train up her newfound strength that came with her demon genes. Even if the cottage didn't have as good of training grounds as the castle, she made it work. It was a large area of land so it didn't take much to get an area suited for combat purposes.

She decided it was better to work herself to exhaustion then have to sit down with her thoughts, Eret saying again and again it was okay to cry. It was normal to mourn, but she wouldn't listen to the brunet. So instead he opted to take care of her the best he could until she broke and her emotions got the better of her as usual. Taking herself to the absolute limit until she couldn't take it anymore, and she broke down into some kind of panic attack. But, it seems that hasn't hit yet.

She finally caught her breath, fighting the sick feeling in her bones from exhaustion. The woman stood up straight, the axe lazily dangling at her side. She was just wearing some black shorts and a black sports bra, it was hot enough out and the hours of training would just overheat her. Not to mention nobody was even out in these areas anyway besides her and Eret, and they were comfortable enough around each other.

Right as she lurched forcing her arm up for yet another round of swings, she very clearly heard someone approaching. Eret planted flowers around the cottage which quickly spread, so if you walked in the area and weren't careful, wildflowers crunching under your feet gave you away easily. So she snapped her head to the right, immediately seeing a large silhouette. Humongous dark wings, tattered but still just as menacing at the sides of a shorter blond. His shoulder length hair and his kind face was always welcoming, crows feet in the corners of his eyes from the caring smile always etched on his face.

You didn't want to see the Angel when that bright smile wasn't on his face.

His large hat helped keep the scorching sun from his eyes, and he didn't bother hiding his presence. "Tor! I made brunch!" I was watching the man approach when I heard Eret's voice, which made the blond raise an eyebrow.

Eret opted to just open the front door when he didn't hear me reply. So instead I heard him take a step outside. "Darling?!" Eret yelled out, he had started using the nickname in private which I didn't mind. I actually tended to like when close friends would use nicknames toward me.

"I'm shocked really mate, didn't even bother to stop by and say hello?" Phil spoke up clicking his tongue, I wanted to smile but I didn't know what he was going to do. Me and Tech had split our partnership, was Phil upset with me?

I felt a hand on my shoulder from behind. "Oh- Philza right?" Eret spoke up making Phil laugh a bit.

"Yes it is. Good to see my little crow here has made some friends." Phil took off his hat, looking around the area and at the cottage.

"You're talking like I'm some kid." I retorted making Phil scoff and shake his head.

"Compared to me? Yeah you're a kid. Try living centuries." Phil stood still, watching us intently. I didn't know exactly what to do, and Eret seemed just as confused.