❦Fifty❦

[TW: Mention of Rape]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I just wish you could need me like I need you."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The duo rifled through fabrics, occasionally one of them deciding that 'yeah that one is decent' and carrying on. And as fabrics were weeded out and decided on, the giggly feeling of rebellion settled in their minds. They knew they weren't doing anything truly rebellious, but the slight defiance and independence was nice.

"Okay okay, hear me out. This fabric would be great for cargo pants. You're tall but, I think I have enough so it can reach your ankles." Eret held out a blood red fabric, darker than my current slacks. It was similar enough where I was comfortable with it, but unique enough where I appreciated the change. "The pockets and straps would be useful and stylish too." The man added trying to further convince me.

"Cargo pants?" I mumbled looking up at the brunet with armfuls of various fabric.

He nodded frantically. "Just trust me Tor!" And gods who was I to turn down that excited expression. So I just nodded. "It will look really cute with a belt! I could make you a really cute cloak too!"

I was just smiling watching the man run around his room, it was a moment like this that made me think he was even more excited than I was. I opted to sit on the edge of his bed and watch the chaos, absent-mindedly running my pointer finger against my scar. The long line spanning the left side of my face was a different texture than the rest of my skin, so I suppose it became a habit to run my finger against it.

"What kind of jacket do you think you'd want? It's a cold season so you'll need one." Eret suddenly spoke up, now crossed legged on the floor trying to arrange fabrics. I just shrugged in response.

"I don't really get cold easily. But, if we're doing a short sleeved top then I guess I might want one." My previous shirt was more form fitting, a black long sleeved bodysuit which went up my neck a little. It kept me pretty warm, and it's more difficult to get me cold anyway because of the demon aspect of my DNA.

"I could just go for a cardigan or something." His words faded out as I found myself drifting off, my legs dangling off the side of his bed.

At some point in my life, dictators faces started to blur together. I couldn't recall exact missions and exact details of each one, things morphed and combined, soon it was hard to remember. Days really becoming spans of mush I couldn't pick apart. And yet I found that my best friend on the ground deep in his mind, a smile sprawled on his face talking about his hobby.

That was unforgettable.

And that I could tell you so much about every day I'd spent in these lands, the activities and even the lazy days with Eret. It was so painfully clear.

"Part of me wants to cut my hair." I said suddenly, Eret stopping his strain of rambles. He blinked a few times and looked up at me.

"What? Like shorter or?" He stopped cutting a piece of fabric to focus on the conversation.

"I was actually thinking bangs." I muttered now resting my chin on my palm. I always liked the idea of bangs but never actually went through with it, but I figured I might as well go for it.

"I mean- I'm really shit at cutting hair but I'm sure we can both just fuck around and figure it out." Eret laughed, excitement already present in his expression.

I felt so excitable and just genuinely happy. It's a normal just real friendship, helping each other cut last minute hair styles on a whim. Planning outfits. I couldn't help but smile down at the brunet.