Chapter 22

The next day at school in literature class. "Ok class since this month is Halloween which is in 6 days. And we all know that holidays are important at Shenking. Every class will be doing something for home room. So anyone have any scary ideas"? The teacher asked. The twins smirked. "We can all jump out of random places with scary masks and scare everyone"! The twins both said. "You guys celebrate like this? I thought school threw big Halloween parties. At my old school we egged the principal car after the party and poured fake blood on people". I said. "Actually a Halloween party does sound better". The twins said. "Plus you guys can still scare people". I said. "Fake blood"? The teacher asked. "Naw it was real blood". I said. Everyone looked at me. "I'm kidding". I said. "We can wear costumes. The yard can be where the party will be held for the whole school". The teacher said. "Um... Costume"? I asked.

"Yeah that's the best part of Halloween". Mason said. "Did you not hear the blood thing"? I asked. "Well it's tradition here to wear a costume". A girl said. "Yeah you'll look really cute in a police uniform". Another girl said. "Dressing as a 5-o will get me killed". I said. "We're in a prep private school". Mason said. "I'll kill myself". I said. "I like police officers they protect us". A guy said. "Of course you would". I said. "So what will you be"? The twins asked. "I don't know". I said. The bell rung. "Hey maybe you and Vincent would be doing a couple costume". They said as everyone left the room. "We aren't a couple". I said. "So. We aren't, but we have a matching costume". Jason said.

"You're twins". I said. "Good point". Mason said. "And what would we be the beauty and the beast"? I asked. "You'll look so cute in that dress". They both beamed. "He's gonna be beauty". I said. "Well. Vincent can pull that look off". They said. "Are you all just gay for each other"? I asked. They laughed. "You're gonna have to have costumes". Mason said. "Most likely three". Jason said. "Why"? I asked. "Because you can't dress in a boy costume outside of school when we go trick or treating". Mason said. "And the club always dress up before Halloween as like sexy somethings. So you're gonna need that. This year is Vampire". Jason said. "Can we pick out your girl costume"!? Mason asked excited. "Can we"!? Jason said excited now. "Sure as long as it isn't uncomfortable for me". I said. "Well I guess bikini model off the table". Jason said.

"Deal". Mason said. I laughed. At the end of the day at the club I was drinking coffee. Vincent walked up to me putting hands on my waist. There were no customers right now because we have 30 minutes before we open. "What are you doing"? I asked. "Saying hello, I haven't seen you since lunch". Vincent pouted. "Hi, Vincent". I said stepping away from him. He frowned. "So I was thinking we should go as something together for Halloween". He said. "I hate Halloween". I lied. "What!? Why? I thought you hated every other holiday"! Vincent said. "Why are you lying"? Damian asked. I looked at him. "I don't think we should do that. We're not a couple Vincent". I said. Vincent looked at me. "Then what are we? I'm sorry I can't just be nothing with you". Vincent said. "We're friends Vincent that kiss. Friends kiss". I said. "Wait! Do you kiss all your friends"? Vincent asked. "Vincent please. Just drop it". I said. "Do you or do you not kiss all your friends"? Vincent asked. "I would like to speak to my lawyer before I answer that". I said. "I'll wait". Vincent said. I took out my phone. I called Dakota and put it on speaker.

Dakota: Hey best

I explained the situation to Dakota. Vincent was glaring at me.

Dakota: What the hell is wrong with you!? I grew up with you better than that-

(Y/n): That sentence did make since.

Dakota: Cut me off again and I'll shoot you

I rolled my eyes.

Dakota: That's the nigga that always be looking at your right?

(Y/n): Yeah.

Dakota: Why won't you go out with him?

(Y/n): You're supposed to be on my side.

Dakota: Well he's better than all this other guys. He won't break your heart.

(Y/n): Koda, you're on speaker and you no agreeing with me hurts.

Dakota: Damn you should have told me. I would have lied.

(Y/n): You're always telling me that guys are just trying to get me for my body. You, Sammy, and Mike always said that.

Dakota: Look I'm not there, I can't protect you. You need to learn for yourself. You need to find someone that makes you happy.

(Y/n): No one will make me happy.

Dakota: Ok would you want to be with Jay?

(Y/n): No, I hate him.

Dakota: Why do you hate him?

(Y/n): You know why.

Dakota: Does Vincent hit you? Does he make you feel like shit?

(Y/n): No.

Dakota: I don't know if it's because I'm a nigga or something. But give the nigga a chance.

Vincent had a smirk.

(Y/n): Yeah I don't have to listen to you.

I hung up. "So... What do you prefer babe? Sweetheart? Queen? Beautiful? Or mine"? He asked. "I could kill you and not regret it. I suggest you shut up before you get your ass kicked by a girl, blondie". I said. Vincent eyes widen and he hid behind Damian. "Mommy"! Vincent said. "Yes daddy"? Damian groaned. "Our daughter is threatening me"! Vincent whined. "Teen years are always the worst". Damian said. "I would shove my gun so far up your a-". Gabe cut me off. "You shouldn't finish that". He said smiling. "I think I'm leaving". I said. "You can't leave. Only when you're sick". Damian said. "I'm sick". I said. "Your not sick". The twins said. "I'm sick and tired of being here". I smiled glaring at them. Vincent touched my shoulder with a serious face. "He hit you"? Vincent asked. "What"? I asked. "This Jay guy. Did he hit you"? Vincent asked. "Why do you care"? I asked. Vincent stared at me. "Did he or did he not hit you"? He asked. I frowned. Damian looked at me.

"Yeah, he put the cut on her cheek". Jason said. Vincent touched my cheek. "You can go". Vincent said. "Really"? I asked. "Yes, you just have an extra 100 added to your debt to us". Vincent said. I nodded. I left, I like Vincent. If I go out with him I'm ruining a friendship. If I do stuff like that again. I'm gonna lose a friendship. I'm scared.