Chapter 20

The next day the dance was today. I sighed. "Alright what should I do to my hair"? I asked. "You can put it in a man bun". Vincent said. He was helping me get ready. "Ok". I said. I looked at him. "Can you put your hair in a bun"? Vincent asked. "No". I said. "You can braid but not do a bun"? Vincent asked laughing. "You gotta know how to braid where I'm from"! I said. "Ok I'll do it". Vincent said. I gave him a comb and a brush. He did my hair. Damian walked in, in his tux. "Alright I'll help her with her tux, you can go get dressed now". Damian said. Vincent nodded and walked away. "Ok  put the tux on. And I'll tie your bow tie". Damian said. I nodded and walked into the changing room. I changed into the tux. I didn't have it button up, tucked in, and I had the sleeves rolled up as far as they go. I walked to Damian who stared at me. "That's not how you wear a tuxedo". Damian said.

"Yeah but I'm not high class. Plus it's hot". I pouted. Damian rolled my sleeves down and buttoned one of the buttons. "Do I need to tuck it in to"? Damian asked. "Can I tuck half of it in and leave have of it out"? I asked. "Sure you still have a role to play". Damian said. "Why is your tux purple"? I asked. "Our tuxes have to be the color of our roses". Damian said. "Oh right". I said. Damian tied my bow tie. Everyone else walked in. "Vincent had a white tux, Mason had a orange one, Jason was light blue, Gabe was pink, and Morti was dark blue. Mines was black. "Wait I get why yours are these colors. Dark blue loyalty, white pure, orange kind, pink sweetness, light blue friendly, purple love. That fits you guys and yes even you Damian. You love us". I said. He huffed but didn't deny it. "So why am I the black rose"? I asked. "It means that beginning of something new". Vincent said. "It also means death, depression, grief, and a great change". Damian said.

"Well everyone I love died so. Let's but the flowers on"! I smiled. "Yeah". They  all agreed. By now there use to me being like this. I went into the ball room. We all walked out together. Damian got a microphone. "Now some words from our Lux club king"! Damian smiled. Vincent got the microphone. "Hello princesses and gentlemen. Thank all of you for coming to our ball"! Vincent said. Damian got the microphone. "You princesses know that in about one hour and 45 minutes. You'll be randomly chosen for a passionate kiss on the cheek from our king"! Damian said. The girls cheered. I smiled. We all split up I went straight for the food. I stared at it. "W-what the fuck is this shit"? I mumbled. "That's cedar planked salmon". A girl giggled. "I don't know what that is". I laughed.

"Oh well shrimp fra diavolo". She said. "This shrimp"? I asked. She nodded. "Fuck it then. I'll eat it, thanks princess"! I smiled grabbing a plate and eating it. "Huh, it's good"! I smiled. She blushed. "I'm Angel by the way". She said. "Huh, y'know. I know someone with exact same name". I smiled. "Really"? She asked excited. "Yeah, it's a str-". Vincent stuffed my mouth with the shrimp. "Hello princess, can I borrow our friend"? Vincent smiled. "Oh yeah". She blushed. He walked me away. "Don't call her a stripper". Vincent said. I laughed. "I'll kill you if you take me away from the food again". I growled. His eyes widen.

"Forgot about your period". He mumbled. I walked back to the food. "You came back"! Angel blushed. "Um... Yeah". I said. "Hey what's this"? I asked. "Lobster stuff crab". Angel said. "Damn now that's awesome". I said getting some of that. I tasted it and blushed. "Oh my fuck". I said. She came closer to me. "You have a little something right there". She said getting a napkin and wiping my cheek. I smiled. She leaned into me and my eyes widen. "Have you tried this"? I asked feeding her a piece of bread. I stepped back. She smiled shyly.

"So an Angel right"? I smiled eating. She looked sad. I touched her cheek. "You're so beautiful princess but I think I hear my king calling me again. He probably wants to make sure I'm not causing in trouble. After the whole coffee explosion thing". I smiled. I walked away rolling my eyes. "Man, I can't believe how much a nigga can't eat". I mumbled sitting on a chair. "Ok Princesses! It's time for the song"! Vincent said

All: Yeah

The girls cheered.

Vincent: You are my fire
The one desire
Believe when I say
I want it that way

Damian: But we are two worlds apart
Can't reach to your heart
When you say
That I want it that way

Twins: Tell me why

All: Ain't nothin' but a heartache

Twins: Tell me why

All: Ain't nothin' but a mistake

Twins: Tell me why

All: I never want to hear you say
I want it that way

Jason: Am I, your fire?
Your one, desire

Mason: Yes I know, it's too late
But I want it that way

Morti: Tell me why

All: Ain't nothin' but a heartache

Morti: Tell me why

All: Ain't nothin' but a mistake

Morti: Tell me why,

All: I never want to hear you say
I want it that way

Gabe: Now I can see that we've fallen apart. From the way that it used to be, yeah

Morti: No matter the distance
I want you to know
That deep down inside of me

Vincent: You are my fire
The one desire
You are

All: (you are, you are, you are)

Damian: Don't want to hear you say

All: Ain't nothin' but a heartache
Ain't nothin' but a mistake

Gabe: (Don't want to hear you say)

All: I never want to hear you say
I want it that way

Twins: Tell me why

All: Ain't nothin' but a heartache

Twins: Tell me why

All: Ain't nothin' but a mistake

Twins: Tell me why

All: I never want to hear you say
I want it that way

Gabe: Tell me why

All: Ain't nothin' but a heartache
Ain't nothin' but a mistake

Gabe: Tell me why

All: I never want to hear you say

Morti: (Never want to hear you say it)

All: I want it that way

Vincent: 'Cause I want it that way

The girls cheered loudly and the boys clapped. Then I realized I never picked a song. Well fuck.