Break The Stigma

With the suicides of Kate Spade and Anthony Bourdain this week, I wanted to talk to you guys for a bit.

Suicide among the famous have been on the rise, Robin Williams, Chris Cornell, Chester Bennington, Avicii and many others are examples that fame and fortune doesn't always bring happiness and you never know who can be suffering behind closed doors.

But suicide isn't a celebrity issue, suicide also affects normal, everyday people, especially teenagers. What makes me upset is that this issue isn't being talked about, it's being pretty much swept under the rug, we gotta do more to help prevent more suicides and to bring more awareness to not just suicide but depression and mental illness as a whole.

If you are suffering or you know someone who is suffering, you are not alone and there is help out there for you, also don't be hesitant about checking up on your friends and family member you think could be depressed, that could make a huge difference between life or death.

If you're having suicidal thoughts or you know someone who is suicidal, here is the number to the U.S. Suicide Hotline: 1-800-273-8255 or reach out to the Crisis Text Hotline by texting 'Home' to 741741, help can be one call or one text away.

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem, don't be embarrassed or ashamed to seek help, confide in someone you can trust or reach out to the numbers given.

I love y'all, stay strong and do not ever give up 💚

#BreakTheStigma