#185 - Kristopher Letang - #58 Pittsburgh Penguins

Song: Middle of A Memory - Cole Swindell.

I walk into the bar behind my friends, they laugh and yell when they see the rest of our group while I stay silent with my head down. I didn't want to come out tonight, but I was persuaded by my friends to join them and now I am sat at the table with them bored out of my mind. 

I slump my head down and lean it against my hand, my eyes taking in everything in the bar. It's quiet for a Friday night, the only people here are my friends, a few people scattered around, and a group of five guys sitting on the other side of the bar. I let my eyes linger on the five males, they all have a similar look to them, they're tall, muscular, and dark hair. I find my eyes staying on the guy with the dark hair, dark eyes, and a clean shaven face. He looks just as bored as I do, he puckers his lips as he blows out air and turns his head. Our eyes instantly connect. I try not to react to it, he's very handsome and he keeps staring at me. I'm first to break the eye contact, his heavy eyes are too hard for me to bear. I turn back to my friends and try to listen in to what they are talking about, but all I can think of are those dark eyes staring at me. 

Minutes go by and I'm still sat at the table, my whole body screams out I'm bored and it's because I am bored. I want to go home! I feel my eyes start to droop and then a hand shoves my shoulder, I jump and blink to see my friend Ashley staring at me.

"You've caught the attention of someone." She sings happily. The rest of our friends hear what she said and instantly push their way into the conversation.

"Which one?" A friend asks and I want to slap her. I just want to go home and go to sleep, I don't want no set up or anything tonight.

"The dark haired one, the one with the clean shaven face." Ashley says nodding her head towards the group of guys. I slump down against the table, my head rests against it and I let my arms swing by my sides. 

"Oh my, he's handsome!" Another friend gasps in a whispered tone. I silently groan to myself and squeeze my eyes shut tight.

"He better buy her a drink."

"He's still looking at her."

"I wish he'd fuc-"

"I am going for some air." I announce loudly and push myself away from the table. My head thumps and hammers with each step I take, I feel dizzy and overwhelmed with how my friends have been acting. I push the door open and breathe a sigh of relief when the cold air hits my face, I feel all my anxiety wash away as I sit down on the step. I pull my legs up to my chest and wrap my arms around them, my chin rests against my knees. It's silent for a short while, the sound of the cars can be heard the next street over and it's peaceful. 

"Can I offer to buy you a drink?" A slight accented voice asks from behind me. I turn my head to find the guy who was staring at me standing behind me with his hands tucked into his pockets. Seeing him closer up makes him look even more handsome, what is in his genes?

"Who's offering?" I ask turning back around to look at the street. 

"Me, Kristopher but you can call me Kris, everyone does." The voice says again and then a pair of legs sit down beside me. 

"Y/N." I say turning to look at him with a smile on my lips. 

"Well, Y/N, can I buy you that drink?" Kris offers again and I nod my head.

"Yeah, you can buy me a drink." I tell and Kris grins at that. He stands up and holds his hand out for me to take, I let my hand slip into his and he gently pulls me up. I feel his chest hit against mine and he looks down at me, his hot breath fanning against my lips. I curse mentally when I feel my stomach rupture into violent tingles, I shouldn't be feeling anything like this for a guy I've only started speaking to a minute ago.