#172 - Gabriel Gagne - #18 Belleville Senators

A/N: Before we begin I want to take a moment to say that this imagine deals with death, mental health issues, and a suicide attempt. I feel like I need to warn everybody in case they start to be affected by what I've written. Please know that I do apologize if any of you are affected by what I've written, I don't mean to offend or cause pain to any of you. I should also warn that this is extremely long, it's the longest imagine I have written so far, it is over 4.5K words.

Five Weeks:

I stared at the pregnancy tests sitting on the marble counter top in the bathroom, a feeling of joy and happiness springs inside me as I now know that I've been right all along.

I'm pregnant.

After months and months of trying to conceive a child, I finally can say I'm pregnant.

A smile formed on my lips and I grabbed the tests, Gabriel waits on the other side of the door patiently waiting for the answer to the multiple pregnancy tests I took. I hauled open the bathroom door and Gabriel instantly looked up, his arms folded across his chest and his chin rests on the back of his hand. When he caught my gaze he dropped his arms to his side and just stared, his eyes and face searching for an answer, anything that screams out he's going to be a father in the next nine months.

I'm going to be a mother, Gabriel is going to be a father, and we're going to have the most beautiful child in the world.

Since we married almost a year ago we've been trying to have a child, but each time I believed I was pregnant the tests all came back negative and we were left wondering why. Was it me? Was it Gabriel? Am I just not able to have children? But finally, every test shows the plus sign to indicate that I'm pregnant. Finally I have the chance to know what it feels like to be a mother to a child.

Gabriel's eyes still roamed over my body, his emotions screaming out that he's nervous and anxious to hear what I've to say. I kept my eyes on Gabriel, still no words leaving either of our lips.

And that's when I reached into my pocket.

"Our child is going to be one spoilt baby." I smiled showing him the multiple pregnancy tests. His eyes instantly lit up at the sight of the pregnancy tests in my hand.

"Oh my gosh." Gabriel breathed out and he rushed towards me, his arms going around my waist and pulled me towards him. He lifted me off the ground and spun us around, a squeal of happiness left my lips as Gabriel spun around and pressed his lips on every inch of my face.

"I'm going to be a father, holy crap I'm going to be a father." Gabriel said looking at my stomach with such love in his eyes. Gabriel knelt on one knee, his hands going either side of my stomach and he lent his head forward.

"I'm going to protect you no matter what, I love you so much and when you're born, whether you be a boy or girl or whatever you choose to be when you're older, your mother and I are going to love you, spoil you, and cherish you always." Gabriel whispered and pressed his lips against my stomach. I rested my hand on his hair and smiled lovingly at him.

"I love you so much." I smiled when Gabriel looked up from me.

"Oh, darling. You've no idea how much I'm in love with you." Gabriel said standing up and pressed his lips against my mine.

"And I love you so much mon petit bébé." Gabriel said softly kneeling down by my stomach again and pressed his lips against it.

_ _ _ _ _

Fourteen Weeks:

Gabriel and I lay in bed together, his head on my stomach as my fingers play with his hair.