#88 - Connor McDavid - #97 Edmonton Oilers

"I miss you." I said for the hundredth time tonight. Currently there is 3,579.8 km between me and Connor, he's in Edmonton playing hockey and I'm in Montreal attending university at McGill. The distance between us has always been a problem but now that he's playing hockey almost every night in different cities is getting to much for us to handle.

"I miss you too Y/N, we'll see each other soon. I promise." Connor told me sweetly. I sighed and rolled my eyes, he keeps saying soon and in Connor's language soon could mean a day, a week or even a month. It's unpredictable.

"Yeah, yeah. I gotta go, it's late and I need to study." I sighed lying full stop to Connor. I wasn't going to study, I don't even have a test tomorrow. I just can't deal with our distance, I haven't seen him since the middle of July when he went to play for team North America.

"Y/N don't be mad." Connor said to me.

"I'm not mad, I need to study." I told firmly, pulling my blankets over my body.

"OK babe, I love you." Connor says gently.

"I love you too." I said hanging up. I set my phone on my bedside table and I snuggled myself down into my bed, my blanket wrapped around in a protective manor. Tears slipped down my cheeks as I cried myself to sleep, I haven't seen Connor in months and I don't know when the next time I'll see him again.

I woke up the next morning to no texts from Connor which is very strange, he normally sends a good-morning text for me to wake up but nothing. I climbed out of bed tripping over my clothes that covered the floor, I made it downstairs to the kitchen and stopped when I heard clattering and clanging coming from the kitchen. I moved closer to the door grabbing the closest thing to me, an umbrella, and pushed the door open.

"Oh my god!" I screeched dropping the umbrella and ran to the guy in my kitchen, Connor turned around and jumped.

"Y/N! You scared me!" Connor shouted as I attacked him with a hug.

"I scared you? You feckin' scared me!" I told holding onto him tightly.

"Are you surprised?" Connor half laughed kissing my forehead.

"I'm not dreaming it right?" I asked poking Connor on his shoulder.

"Nope I'm real and I'm here." Connor smiled.

"Why? Shouldn't you be in Vancouver?" I questioned moving over to the counter, I stood on my tiptoes to grab a mug.

"Yeah I should but I miss you a lot and my game is off, I haven't been playing great because I keep thinking about you so I decided to take some time off to spend it with you." Connor told coming up from behind me and rested his hands on my hips.

"Aww you miss me." I cooed turning round to place my lips on his.

"I do." Connor grinned on my lips.

"I missed you too but you're here now." I gently said putting my hands on his shoulders.

"Yes I am." Connor whispered.

A/N: Someone requested this a while ago and I cannot remember who it was! I hope you enjoyed it!

-Lauryn