#13: STEVEN STAMKOS - #91 TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING

"Steven, can you please stop for two minutes please and help me with the cleaning? I can't do this all myself." I call from the kitchen. I throw the cleaning rag down in the sink, Steven says nothing as he continues to play his hockey game in the living room. Once again, he does not stop playing the game, he ignores me and still plays that bloody game with his focus solely on it. It is always like this when it comes to cleaning up our house or anything that means putting in work apart from him playing hockey. Quoting Steven, 'it makes me feel like an adult and working means boring stuff, and boring stuff bores me.' He forgets he is almost twenty-seven years old.

"Steven Stamkos, will you please come help me?" I shout a little louder with my voice echoing through our living and kitchen area. Steven finally sets down the controller and walks into our kitchen.

"What's wrong, babe?" He asks pushing himself up on the counter. I sigh and give him a little push off the counter, I clean the place I had just cleaned up before he sat there.

"Can you be useful and please help wash the dishes? My parents are coming, and I don't want them to see that we live in a messy house." I tell as I open my arms and gesture to the mess around us. There are plates that stack in the sink, clothes and pizza box's lie all over the living room and coffee table, the dining room table is covered with all of Stevens hockey gear. Our house is literally like a garbage factory and that doesn't seem to bother Steven, it bothers me that I live in a slob of a house.

"But that means I can't play my game." Steven whines and pushes himself back up onto the counter. He swings his legs that hit the cupboard below him causing loud bangs to erupt throughout our house.

"Well I don't care, this house needs cleaned and that's more important." I say angrily as I push him off the counter once again. Steven put his hands up in a surrendering position as he walks over to the sink, he finally begins to clean the dishes that I have been asking him to do for ages. Everything is going perfect, everything is going according to plan until Steven throws bubbly water at me.

"Whoops." He chuckles putting his hand up to his mouth. He cockily moves his hand away from his mouth and a smirk is firmly placed there. I ignore him and continue cleaning the counters in our kitchen.

"Right, that's it!" I growl slamming my fist down onto the counter as Steven flicked more water at my face. A low chuckle comes from Steven as he knows he has finally gotten my attention, I slowly turn around and my glare is burning into Stevens soul.

"Yes, babe?" Steven asks innocently turning to face me. I'm not having this today, not with my parents coming over and there is a certain announcement I need to make that will change our lives forever.

"Can you please stop being a child for a moment and actually act your age." I say pinching the bridge of my nose. Steven chuckles at my comment, he will not stop acting like this no matter how old he'll get. I married a child, honestly.

After an hour of cleaning everything up, without any interruptions from Steven, our house is finally cleaned and ready for my parent's arrival later tonight. I walk into the living room to see Steven sat on the couch with his feet up on the coffee table, a can of beer at his feet and a bag of chips beside him.

"Seriously Steven, seriously." I say with bitterness in my voice. I put my hands on my hips and look at Steven with a serious look, he looks up at me with an innocent look like he hasn't done anything wrong.

"What have I done this time?" Steven asks with a roll of his eyes at me. My eyes widen when I see him do this, he is never like this unless he is annoyed, and I guess I am being annoying, but I want everything to go well today with the big announcement I am making today.

"Your um, well it's kind of annoying me that you are eating with your feet up when I have just cleaned the place." I tell placing my hands on my hips. Steven turns to face me and looks up with an are you kidding me look on his face.

"Well, it's my house and I can do what I want here." Steven shrugs without a care in the world. He turns his face away from me and focuses once again on the TV, he begins to ignore me.

"Yeah, well when there's a kid running around, I don't think you could do this." I mumble under my breath not realizing that what I said has caught Steven's attention, he turns to look at me with his eyebrow raised in the process.

"What do you mean when there's a kid running around?" Steven asks pushing himself up off the couch and stands in front of me.

"Well um, I was waiting to tell you along with my parents to surprise you all at once, but I guess I have to tell you now because you won't let it go." I sigh looking down and fumbling with my hand, I don't think I can look at Steven as I am about to tell him I am going to have his child.

"I'm pregnant." I tell not daring to look Steven in the eyes. I felt a pair of arms move around my waist and a pair of lips are placed on my forehead, I look up to find Steven with a giant smile on his lips and his face beaming with happiness at my words.

"I'm going to be a father?" He asks in a soft tone. I nod slowly, the realization of being a mother hits me and I grin widely as Steven's smile grows wider.

"This is the greatest news ever!" Steven exclaims excitedly, he pulls me up into his arms and spins me around on the spot. Giggles and laughs erupt from me as Steven peppers my face with kisses upon kisses, until he finally places a long kiss on my lips.

"I promise I'll stop acting like a child and start being more helpful around the house." Steven mumbles against my lips. My hands make their way up to the back of his hair and I thread my fingers through them.

"I'm going to be one pissed of woman of you don't help me babe." I chuckle as I press my forehead against Steven's.

"We're going to have a baby." Steven whispers with so much love in his voice. I feel my insides fill with joy and love, I am excited to meet this baby and I know Steven is too.