#62: MITCH MARNER - #16 TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS: PART THREE

"One more box." I groan lifting the last box out of the moving truck. Finally Mitch and I are moving into our own apartment in downtown Toronto, and with September looming over us it couldn't have happened at a better time. 

I shuffle the box that has Mitch's name on and groan as it is heavy. I push the door open with my back and walk into our apartment.

"Mitch, what the hell have you in here?" I ask walking into our room. This box has to be heaviest one I have lifted, and I am not the strongest person in the world.

Mitch looks over to me and eyes fly to his hairline, he rushes over to me and takes the box from my hands like there is nothing inside it. "There isn't anything important in there."

"How did you do that? That box is heavy!" I exclaim pointing to the box Mitch has now placed on the floor beside our bed.

"It's a surprise for later." Mitch smiles walking past me. I shake my head at Mitch and I follow him to the living room where Christian and Matthew walk into our apartment.

"That's everything my children." Matthew laughs dropping the keys onto the table. I smile at Matthew's words and look around the place proudly, after a long stressful few months Mitch and I have finally moved into an apartment together.

"You guys want to stay for dinner? We're gonna order pizza." I ask turning to the two boys who now sit on the couch.

"We'd love to stay, but we'll leave you guys alone." Christian says quickly before Matthew can agree with me.

"Thanks boys." Mitch smiles patting their backs as they stand up from the couch.

"Don't break the bed tonight! It's only new and we don't want to come back and help fix it!" Matthew shouts as he and Christian walk out of the apartment. Mitch turns around flashes me a suggestive face to what Matthew said.

"No Marner, no way." I laugh pointing to him. Mitch chuckles and walks over to me before wrapping his arms around my waist. and pulls me close to his chest.

"I'm happy." Mitch breathes against my neck.  

"I'm happy as well." I smile leaning back to look up to him

"Why are you happy?" Mitch asks as he gently sways us in the middle of our living room.

"I'm happy because I'm with you, I'm happy because we finally moved in together. And I'm happy because I love you." I tell turning around and place my hands on his chest. Mitch smiles at my answer and places a kiss on my forehead.

"Why are you happy?" I ask looking up to  him.

"Because you are in my life, and I love you." He says making my heart flutter and my stomach tingle with butterflies.

"Such a softy, Marner." I grin pressing my lips on Mitch's, he leans down and kisses me harder. Soon enough our kiss gets heated.

"What do you say we take this to the bedroom?" I ask running my hands through his hair as Mitch kisses my neck. I look down to see Mitch no longer in front of me and instead he is sprinting towards the bedroom.

"Mitch, what the hell?" I shout chasing after him, I run into the room and see Mitch opening the box I couldn't carry earlier.

"I forgot about them." He says innocently as he looks up to me.

"Forgot about who?" I ask walking over to him. Mitch puts his hand into the box and lifts out a tiny golden retriever puppy.

"Oh my gosh." I gasp bending down beside him and peer into the box. Funny enough the box contains three more puppies.

"Surprise." He grins as the puppy licks his face.

"Mitch, where did you get these puppies from?" I ask pulling out another puppy, his tiny paws paw at my hands as I lift him out. I set him against my knee and gently run my hand across his fur.

"There was this woman selling them because she couldn't keep them, I was going to get just one, but I couldn't leave the rest all alone." Mitch tells and smiles as he brings the puppy in his hands up to his face.

"I couldn't leave you alone, could I? No, I couldn't." He coos kissing the puppy's forehead. I chuckle at my childish boyfriend and watch him play about with the puppy.

"What are their names?" I ask bringing the other two puppies out of the box and let them run around our bedroom.

"They don't have names, what are we going to name them?" Mitch says looking to me a smile on his lips.

"I'm naming this one Steve." I smile lifting a puppy into my arms.

"Why Steve?" Mitch laughs looking to me.

"Because he looks like Steve Rogers, that's why." I say matter-of-factly. Mitch can only laugh at me as we spent the first night in our new apartment naming and playing with our new puppies.

A/N: I think we all needed a cute imagine after that last one.

-Lauryn.