#180: ANDRE BURAKOVSKY - #95 COLORADO AVALANCHE

I love Andre. I trust Andre. Yet I can't seem to stop worrying about him and his actions. 

The past few weeks Andre has been different, so much so that it is a complete one-eighty to how he normally is on a daily basis. The sweet, caring, lovable Swede is now distant, frustrated and irate. He has become so different that I have begun to think of every possible reason to why he is like this. It can't be the team, they are playing well this season and are in a playoff position as well as first place in the metropolitan. It can't be his injury, he has bounced back quicker than expected and has been playing will since. After analyzing every possible reason, the one that sticks out is I am the problem. 

He is different with me, yet he is the same sweet Swede towards his teammates. He is distant when he comes home, it seems like he is going out of his way to avoid me. He spends all his time with Tom and the others on his team, always out with them and then comes home and heads straight to bed. And when I enter the bedroom, he is always sound asleep. What could I have done to make him like this? I can't think of anything. Three years and I never once thought that Andre could go like this. Yes, we have had our ups and downs, but they are always sorted and forgotten about, and we still continue to love one another. Well, I hope Andre still loves me. From how he is acting it seems he couldn't care less about me. And I need to know why.

I hear the front door to our apartment open and I turn around to see Andre walking in. A smile is prominent on his lips, but it disappears when he sees me looking to him. I feel my heart sink at it, he really doesn't seem to care anymore.

"I am making dinner." I announce turning back to the pasta sauce and stir it.

"That's alright, I ate out and I am not hungry." Andre says in a flat tone pulling his shoes off. Again, my heart stings at his words. He just doesn't care.

"Alright, I'll save some if you get hungry later." I reply looking to him over my shoulder.

"Whatever." He mutters turning away and sits down on the couch. I sigh and continue to make dinner for myself, I slowly stir the sauce while my mind travels. What did I do? Andre use to be so loving, so caring and now it looks like couldn't care less about me. And while he continues to act like this, my heart still loves him like there is no tomorrow. Andre has been the only person who I have loved with such fire in my heart. From the moment I first met Andre, my heart still grows each day for him. And while-

"Are you trying to burn the whole apartment block down?" Andre's booming voice comes from beside me. His hands move in front of me and he pushes me to the side. I see him grabbing the pan of pasta sauce and throw it into the sink, the sauce bubbled over and started to burn the hob. I stare blindly at Andre as he rushes around the kitchen trying to stop the fire alarm from blaring. Where did it go all wrong between us?

"What happened between us?" I ask finally coming to my senses. Andre ignores me and continues to clean up, I have finally had enough of him ignoring me and acting like he is.

"Andre, will you fucking listen to me!" I yell and ball my hand into fists. Andre stops what he is doing and turns to me, his eyebrow rose in the process.

"What? You want me to let this apartment burn down because of your doing?" He asks lowering his hands.

"That isn't what I asked." I say glaring up at him. When will he see I'm hurting because of him?

"Then what?" Andre wonders folding his arms across his chest and looks down at me.

"I asked what has happened between us?" I repeat my question. Andre doesn't seem phased by my question, he simply shrugs his shoulders.

"I don't know what you mean, nothing has changed between us." Andre replies turning back to the burnt pan.

I scoff at his words. "Don't play dumb, Andre. You know as well as I do that something is wrong between us, you are the one who changed between us and you know it."