#105: MIKAEL GRANLUND - #64 NASHVILLE PREDATORS

After a stressful day I walked out of my work and got into my car throwing the box of important papers into the backseats, I sat back against the seat and rested my head against the headrest. I finally was able to relax for a minute.

Today has to go down in the history books for the worst day ever. Firstly Mikael and I had gotten into a huge fight before we left this morning for work and it didn't end too pretty with the both us shouting in the middle of the street and the neighbours staring at us. Secondly two witnesses who were due to give their testimony didn't show up to court so our chances of winning are slim and it lands in my hands to apologize to my boss because two unreliable sources never turned up. And thirdly the new intern lost important documents that I had asked him to file a week ago, those documents are the most vital thing to my next trial and they are gone. So is my job if I have another mishap and knowing that is making me more stressful than ever.

In a tired and stressed manor I turned my car on, I would be going home to two hyper children and I just am not ready to face that. The fight with Mikael this morning was about the children and who would mind them, he had promised he would look after them tonight since he didn't have a game and then today came and he told me that he was unable to. We fought none stop until I finally got into my car and drove off, currently it is after nine in the evening and I hadn't called in the babysitter to look after them. The boys are alone and that worried me, leaving two six year old twin boys unattended who are the most energetic people by themselves god only knows what they will do but I had faith they know better than to do something silly.

The traffic wasn't bad for a Friday night and I was home quicker than expected, I drove along my street slowly and pulled up in front of the house. I was that sleepy I never noticed Mikael's car that sat in our driveway, I walked tiredly up to the door and balanced the box of papers in one hand as I pushed the front door open. I expected Oskari and Elias to come running to me whenever I entered into the house but instead I walked into a vacant house, the lights turned off and there was no sign life present in here. I sat the box down on the floor, setting my bag and keys on top of it before I walked further into the house.

"Oskari? Elias?" I shouted aloud turning the light on in the living room but nothing came. I walked upstairs and found their schoolbags in their rooms but no sign of them there, I walked down stairs to the living room.

It was the crashing then smashing sound coming from the basement is what made me rush down to the basement, I kicked of a heel half way down the stairs and left it there. I came to a halt whenever I saw Mikael, Oskari, and Elias staring at the window, a hole in the glass from where the ball broke through. I had to chuckle at the three of the staring at it with scared looks, the three of them turned around and jumped when they saw me standing at the bottom of the stairs. The trio all had the same scared looks on their face, wide eyes and their mouths opened just a little. The resemblance between the twins and Mikael made my heart warm up and the anger from today slowly disappeared.

"Oops." Was all Mikael said when I walked towards him and the boys. 

"Never mind about the window, are you three alright? No glass over the carpet?" I asked looking over the carpet in case there were shards of glass on it. 

"Yeah we're OK." Mikael nodded setting the stick against the wall gently, Oskari and Elias did the same as Mikael, their movements made me giggle as they moved in sync with Mikael. I thought that I would have been in a bad mood at home after the stressful day at work but instead I found myself happy and full of love from seeing the boys and Mikael, the fight from this morning has been pushed out of my mind and I felt only love for Mikael

"That's good, we can fix this later. Let's get you two up to bed." I told looking to the twins, they both groaned and batted their eyes at me with the same blue colour as Mikael's.

"I promised them we could watch a movie with them whenever you got home." Mikael said coming up behind the boys and put his hand on each of their shoulders, I gave a little sigh and nodded.

"Yes!" Oskari exclaimed raising his hands in the air.

"Thank you mummy." Elisa said coming over and gave me a hug, I hugged him back and lifted him into my arms.

"We should get this fixed." Mikael announced pointing to the window, a slight smile on his lips as he spoke.

"Yeah, let's all help with getting this fixed." I smiled setting Elias back down on the ground.

_ _ _ _ _ 

Half an hour later after we fixed the window, more like after we put cardboard over it, we all sat down to watch a movie together. Oskari sat on one side of Mikael, I sat on his other side while Elias cuddled up next to me. We had a blanket shared between us and a bowl of popcorn in the middle of the table, sweets and drinks sat there as well. I had an arm over Elias' body as he cuddled into me, I held onto Mikael's hand as the movie started.

The best remedy for a stressful day? Well that's coming home to your family and spending time with them.

A/N: Please do not get mad at me whenever I don't post your request straight away. I'm not going to be petty and call people out but please understand that I have other requests to complete and that I am a busy person as well, it doesn't matter that I can post up to two imagines a day most of them are pre written and sit there for days on end while I work on others. Currently I have to write requests now because I have posted all my pre written ones, so updates aren't going to be as common and it is my last week of school before winter break and I do have a few things to get handed in for my classes so I will be focusing more on them than writing requests. But please, do not get mad whenever your request isn't up quickly as you expected, I do try my best to get so many written in a day but it all comes down to my workload and what I can write.

I should mention that most of the updates now are going to be quickly written as I don't have that much time to read over them a couple of times to find mistakes, so if I do have any please point them out for me.

I hope this was OK, it was written quickly and again I am ready tired so this probably has many mistakes throughout it.

-Lauryn.