#130: DYLAN STROME - #17 CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

When I entered into the party it is in full swing, music blaring, people chatting, and drinks being passed around. I don't know why I agreed to turn up, after all the host is Anthony Cirelli, teammate to my ex-boyfriend. It has been almost a month since Dylan and I split up, and since then there has been no communication between us. Every little memory we did together, every little knickknack we collected, I stored in a box to throw away when the time comes. I still haven't mustered the courage to throw it away, every time I go to do it stop and chicken out, and I never fully know why I do that. Is it because I still love him? Possibly.

I found Taylor standing in the corner of the room by himself and made my way over to him, I greeted him with a smile and he returned it.

"I didn't think you would show." Taylor said when I leaned against the wall.

"I didn't think I would've turned up as well, but it's your birthday so I had to come. Happy birthday by the way." I told him, he smiled and replied with a 'thank you'. We got into a light conversation, but I soon stopped when I saw him walk into his house. My eyes are transfixed on him, he looks lovely as always dressed up in a nice dress shirt and jeans. I hadn't realized I had been staring at him until Taylor coughed, I blinked and turned my attention back to Taylor.

"Aren't you going to go over to him?" Taylor asked me, I immediately shook my head.

"Why not?" He asked again. 

"It doesn't feel right, just not yet." I mumbled looking to my feet, I lifted my eyes off the floor and they soon connected with his brown ones. My cheeks flared up when he stopped talking to the person in front of him, his eyes burning into mine. It is then when I looked away I realized that I'm not ready to see him at all, instead I'm still that sixteen year old girl who first fell in love with him.

I excused myself from Taylor and walked out into the backyard for fresh air, I took a seat on the steps and brought my knees up to my chest. I turned my attention on the sky above me, the clear sky and Orion shinning above me. It was silent, a peaceful silence that I admired until I saw another pair of legs sit beside me. When he sat beside me it became silent again, the two of us sat beside each other saying nothing with our eyes trained on the night sky above us. 

"I see Ursa Major." Dylan commented, finally speaking up after minutes of silence between us.

"I see it too, along with Orion." I spoke pointing to Orion's belt, I felt the air around us change and it became one of a familiar feeling that I had missed.

"I only came tonight in hopes that I would see you here, I didn't think you would have came but when I saw you I felt happy to see you again." Dylan told turning his head to look at me, I did the same and looked into his eyes.

"I hoped that I was able to find you because I have many things I'd like to tell you, please just listen." Dylan said quickly when I shuffled in my spot, I nodded for him to continue. 

"Our relationship wasn't the best, it was difficult and hard for us to keep up with everything because of the life style I chose to live. We're young, I know that much, but I've decided that you're the only one I want. You've captured my heart and I hope that I've somehow captured yours, because I love you and only you." Dylan declared grabbing my hands and took them into his, I looked down at our hands together and I felt my eyes drip with tears. 

"I miss the old us. I miss taking you on little dates, I miss waking up to a text from you and going to sleep with an 'I love you', I miss you coming to a home game and wearing my jersey. I miss you not being at my side," Dylan said rubbing his thumb across the back of my hand, by now my tears were trailing down my cheeks and I could see the same happening with Dylan.

"But I do know this. I know that you would rather wear sweats instead of skirts, and how you hate the pickle inside a McDonald's cheeseburger, and you could sit for hours on end debating the greatest rock band of the century. I know you Y/N and I know that I am wholeheartedly in love with you, that has to mean something for us to try again." Dylan told with his sad brown eyes looking into mine. The tears were in full blow for the both of us once Dylan had finished his speech, he held my hands close to him and our eyes never breaking away from each other.

"It does Dylan, it means everything." I nodded smiling at the thought of us together again, Dylan smiled widely and leaned his forehead until it rested against mine. Before I knew it I had my lips on his and my hands laced around his neck, I smiled into the kiss as I knew this is only the beginning of a new chance together. 

A/N: I am wide awake at 4 am in the morning, so there are most likely spelling mistakes and words that are probably written wrong. Apologies if there is as I am far too lazy right now to reread over it.

-Lauryn.