#132 - Mathew Dumba - #24 Minnesota Wild

"I'm sorry." Matt shouted running into the house out of breath, he doubled over and caught his breath before looking up to me. I sat on the couch facing the TV, my arms folded over my chest and I stared at the TV with a glare. Matt walked cautiously over to me and took place on the seat next to where I sit. 

"I did try and leave early, but the traffic was bad. You know what the traffic is like during rush hour." Matt complained as he built himself a reason to why he turned up late. I kept my attention on the TV, my glare never leaving my eyes and my arms hadn't unfolded yet.

"Earth to Y/N." Matt said running his hand in front of my eyes to see if I was listening. I sighed and turned my attention now onto him, he smiled when I looked at him but soon stopped when he saw the glare I through his way.

"What?" I asked with sass in my tone, Matt flinched at that.

"I'm sorry, OK? I didn't do this on purpose, go get dressed now and we can still make the reservation." Matt told standing up and brushed himself down. I stayed seated with my arms still crossed across my chest, Matt stared down at me waiting for me to move.

"That's not the point, Matt. I waited for over an hour for you to come home, I dressed nicely, I actually shaved myself which I don't do often, and I was excited to go out with you to celebrate our anniversary. But it's too late to get ready again and go out, just forget about it alright?" I told standing up and walked out of the sitting room with tears forming in my eyes. I heard Matt sigh from behind me as I entered into the bedroom and closed the door, my eyes made their way towards the dress that laid on the floor in the en-suite and my tears rolled down my cheeks. I walked slowly over to the bed and threw myself down, letting the warmth and comfort take me off into a sleep.

_ _ _ _ _

I woke later to a hand being laid on my shoulder, stretching out my limbs I groaned and pushed myself up to see Matt sitting at the side of the bed. He smiled at me whenever I sat up, I yawned and rested my back against the headboard. 

"How long did I sleep?" I mumbled looking outside to see it is dark. 

"An hour or so. I came in to tell you to get ready in whatever you want, I don't care if you wear your pj's. When you're finished come into the living room." Matt told, before laying a kiss on my cheek and left before I could protest. Reluctantly, I moved off the bed and got ready. I threw on a pair of sweats and one of Matt's old shirts before walking into the living room, and at the sight of it my heart began to beat faster and a huge grin fell onto my face. Matt stood up when he saw me and walked over, a smile on his face as well.

"You did this for me?" I asked in awe, as I referred to the living that Matt had changed from the boring room into a place with blankets and pillows on the floor and my favourite Disney movie on the screen. 

"Of course. I felt bad that I didn't get home in time to take you out, so I thought lets bring the date here to the house. I have pizza on the way and I got ice cream for desert. I know it's not what you wanted, but it's the least I could do for making you sad on our anniversary." Matt told taking my hands into his and pressed his lips against them. My heart began to beat faster and the smile on my grew even wider. 

"Matt, it is perfect. I love it, I really love it." I smiled leaning forward and pressed my lips against his cheek, as I moved back I heard Matt let out a breath of relief. 

"Great. I have your favourite Disney movie on, and of course you can do the honours of hitting play." Matt laughed taking me over to the pillows and blankets, I took and seat beside Matt and cuddled into his chest. 

"I love you so much, Matt." I said looking up to him and smiled when I found myself looking into his eyes. 

"I love you too, Y/N." Matt replied leaning down and pressed his lips against mine. A smile never left my lips that night.

A/N: Sorry? Can I even say sorry? It's been a few months since I updated and a lot has happened since then so I'm sorry for not updating. Hopefully I can start updating more again, but I don't know.

Anyways, I forgot who requested this it was a long time ago so apologies if it isn't what you wanted. And also I hope it is OK, I haven't written an imagine in a few months so this is really bad.

-Lauryn.